Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mistake is that I put my home country (Indonesia) as my country of usual residence instead of the country I currently live in on a temporary work visa (Australia). Received the invite last round. I'm doing the visa application now and faced with the same question. Obviously it's too late to change the EOI now, and answering the question correctly on the visa application will create a discrepancy between EOI and the application. I know that there is a form 1032 for correcting false information, but the form is only for mistakes made on the visa application, not EOI.

So here are my options:
1. Answer the question correctly and ignore the discrepancy
2. Deliberately give the wrong answer on the application in order to be consistent, then submit form 1032 to correct it.
3. Just keep the wrong answer and do nothing (I'm afraid that any change I make will delay the process, and the definition of 'usual country of residence' is not clear so it probably doesn't matter afterall).

It probably doesn't matter what option I choose but with 3500 AUD application fee you want to be 110% sure on everything.

So anyone has any advice? Anyone had experience where their application differ slightly from the EOI?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The mistake is that I put my home country (Indonesia) as my country of usual residence instead of the country I currently live in on a temporary work visa (Australia). Received the invite last round. I'm doing the visa application now and faced with the same question. Obviously it's too late to change the EOI now, and answering the question correctly on the visa application will create a discrepancy between EOI and the application. I know that there is a form 1032 for correcting false information, but the form is only for mistakes made on the visa application, not EOI.

So here are my options:
1. Answer the question correctly and ignore the discrepancy
2. Deliberately give the wrong answer on the application in order to be consistent, then submit form 1032 to correct it.
3. Just keep the wrong answer and do nothing (I'm afraid that any change I make will delay the process, and the definition of 'usual country of residence' is not clear so it probably doesn't matter afterall).

It probably doesn't matter what option I choose but with 3500 AUD application fee you want to be 110% sure on everything.

So anyone has any advice? Anyone had experience where their application differ slightly from the EOI?
It wont effect outcome of application as this has nothing to do with claiming points.

While filling application now, just enter correct information.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Answer the question correctly in the visa application AND upload Form 1023 to correct the EOI mistake.
But again, the form is only for correcting mistakes in visa application, not EOI. I'm afraid it will just confuse the CO if the visa application itself is already correct

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wont effect outcome of application as this has nothing to do with claiming points.

While filling application now, just enter correct information.
So they will just ignore the difference? Do you have a similar experience, or know anyone that does?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No, I dont have any exp. like that

If there will be anything to ask CO will ask you, you can provide explanation..

They wont reject application for this thing

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I dont have any exp. like that

If there will be anything to ask CO will ask you, you can provide explanation..

They wont reject application for this thing
Did you at least read about similar experience in this website? I kinda agree with you but you can never be too careful with this kind of thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts