Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am planning to go Auckland with my wife, she will be applying a PG diploma in management, I will be going as a student dependent VISA. I am having total of 8 years of IT experience which covers me 140 points for PR. will I able to apply PR after getting student dependent VISA and after moving to Auckland with student dependent VISA. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Hi All,

I am planning to go Auckland with my wife, she will be applying a PG diploma in management, I will be going as a student dependent VISA. I am having total of 8 years of IT experience which covers me 140 points for PR. will I able to apply PR after getting student dependent VISA and after moving to Auckland with student dependent VISA. Thanks.
If you are eligible and meet the basic requirements you will be able to apply for a resident visa at any time. Bear in mind it is not PR. That is only available after you have held a resident visa for 2 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply sir, according to my study VISA counselor I will only eligible for applying permanent resident visa after completing my wife study and when she will get work permit. As holding a student dependent VISA I will not able to apply PR even though having full points. Basically now I only lack behind with my IELTS score which is overall six band, whereas Immigration require overall 6.5 band.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts