Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'll be moving out to Dubai in a couple of months and would like to know whether I can use Skype. Do you know?

Some websites say you can, some say you can't. And some of those that say you can, say you should use "proxies". Which are then subject to censoring again. By the way, I have no idea what proxies are..... So, I am lost. Not IT-savvy at all. Anyone got a straightforward explanation of what can and can not be done (and of what is allowed)?

Which makes me think by the way... can I download movies, music etc via torrents in Dubai?

Thanks! Mark

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hi all,

I'll be moving out to Dubai in a couple of months and would like to know whether I can use Skype. Do you know?

Some websites say you can, some say you can't. And some of those that say you can, say you should use "proxies". Which are then subject to censoring again. By the way, I have no idea what proxies are..... So, I am lost. Not IT-savvy at all. Anyone got a straightforward explanation of what can and can not be done (and of what is allowed)?

Which makes me think by the way... can I download movies, music etc via torrents in Dubai?

Thanks! Mark
PM sent. Writing about how to get around restrictions is not allowed.

Torrents are downloadable here, and I also use a slingbox to watch a US based TV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.