Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound strange, but I forgot my password for skill select account and now when I am trying to change password thru Forget password link or change password link, it is not working. After entering all information when I click on Submit, it shows an error message.
I am trying to do this since last 4 days, but not able to get thru.

I logged a complaint on skillselect support page to which they asked me to go to the forget password page and change from there (I guess they did not understand my problem).

Can someone pls. help me out on this pls....not able to submit my application :(

Thanks
Gopal

·
Registered
35 Posts
Same problem here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gopal,
Were you able to solve the problem? A friend of mine is also facing the same problem. Kindly if you could help.
Well unfortunately, NO. Actually after some attempts, my account got locked. I asked DIAC about a resolution. They said you will have to delete EOI and create a new one.. So I sent them an email to delete the old EOI and create a new one.

However, I am not sure if they have modified the system and corrected those issues or not. I suggest you contact them by filling there contact form and then decide what to do.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yes email DIAC to delete your EOI from the system, and just create a brand new one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How can I contact them to delete my old EOI? Is it through the general inquiry form

·
Registered
116 Posts
Facing the same situation right now. Deleting the old eoi and creating a new one wouldn't it change the submitted date and date of effect?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Facing the same situation right now. Deleting the old eoi and creating a new one wouldn't it change the submitted date and date of effect?
Bump!!!

Anyone?

·
Registered
29 Posts
facing unable to reset password

hi ..i am facing the similar issue

The Identification document type i choose is preferred passport which i am sure because i do not have other document types mentioned in the options then i get the error

"Incorrect secret answers. Unable to change password.

i am unable to reset password any idea how to resolve this ?????

thanks
ranjan

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
hi ..i am facing the similar issue

The Identification document type i choose is preferred passport which i am sure because i do not have other document types mentioned in the options then i get the error

"Incorrect secret answers. Unable to change password.

i am unable to reset password any idea how to resolve this ?????

thanks
ranjan
hey, did you able to reset your password?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Unable to login SkillSelect

Hi Guys,

need your help urgent. I am unable to login to my skillselect account. This is the error message :

There was a problem with the specified user account. Please contact your security contact. (Reference : 31f595de-ac54-46a3-b691-2c38a9ab4a82 )

What i have to do? OMG.. need help :confused::(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unable to login in Skillselect site

Hi All,

I am trying to login in the skillselect site (EOI) since yesterday after 'forgetting the password'.I tried options - "Forgotten password" and "Change password" on the site. But, I am getting "Technical error or reference error" every time whenever I am trying to login.

I cleared the browser history, changed browsers and even tried changing systems. But no luck :(

I have also send a mail to [email protected] but didn't got any reply from them.

Can someone please me with the contact details of skill select or any resolution for this issue.

Thanks.

Regards
Udyan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Guys,

need your help urgent. I am unable to login to my skillselect account. This is the error message :

There was a problem with the specified user account. Please contact your security contact. (Reference : 31f595de-ac54-46a3-b691-2c38a9ab4a82

What i have to do? OMG.. need help
Hi
How did you resolve this issue. ? Im facing the same issue. Please help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Visa 189, SkillSelect technical problems

Hello everyone

I am writing in the earnest hope (and deperation even), to seek some answers and help.

Both my home and office laptops crashed unexpectedly one week apart. Apart from everything else that have been lost, my password for my EOI account was saved in those laptops.

Two days ago, I tried logging into SkillSelect using my commonly used passwords to check on whether there was any update on my Visa 189 application.

There were no prompts warning my that my account will be locked after a few tries and my account was automatically locked.

I have now managed to get my original password (from my laptops) and would be able to log in if the account is unlocked.

Yesterday, I received an email that I have been invited to apply for my Visa 189 (after almost a year of waiting).

I am not seeking for the password to be reset or for the answers to my security questions.

I merely want the account to be unlocked so that I can enter in with my original password. This would not entail any security issues, but would appear to be something the IT department managing SkillsSelect can do.

Like everyone here, I have alot at stake from family to career, and I have spent years trying to get qualified in Australia not to mention the countless hours and sums of money spent.

To be shut out so close to the finish line for something as simple as unlocking an account seems incredible.

I would be thoroughly grateful and would appreciate any useful input on how I can move forward with this.

[PS. the answers to the security questions don't work. I only have 3 security documents, each with one expiry date. I have not forgotten these, as I merely have to refer to these documents. I have repeatedly tried to answer but they claim that the answers are wrong (no idea why)]

Thanks in advance and thanks for taking the time to read!!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Hello everyone

I am writing in the earnest hope (and deperation even), to seek some answers and help.

Both my home and office laptops crashed unexpectedly one week apart. Apart from everything else that have been lost, my password for my EOI account was saved in those laptops.

Two days ago, I tried logging into SkillSelect using my commonly used passwords to check on whether there was any update on my Visa 189 application.

There were no prompts warning my that my account will be locked after a few tries and my account was automatically locked.

I have now managed to get my original password (from my laptops) and would be able to log in if the account is unlocked.

Yesterday, I received an email that I have been invited to apply for my Visa 189 (after almost a year of waiting).

I am not seeking for the password to be reset or for the answers to my security questions.

I merely want the account to be unlocked so that I can enter in with my original password. This would not entail any security issues, but would appear to be something the IT department managing SkillsSelect can do.

Like everyone here, I have alot at stake from family to career, and I have spent years trying to get qualified in Australia not to mention the countless hours and sums of money spent.

To be shut out so close to the finish line for something as simple as unlocking an account seems incredible.

I would be thoroughly grateful and would appreciate any useful input on how I can move forward with this.

[PS. the answers to the security questions don't work. I only have 3 security documents, each with one expiry date. I have not forgotten these, as I merely have to refer to these documents. I have repeatedly tried to answer but they claim that the answers are wrong (no idea why)]

I can't imagine how stressed you must feel.

Have you tried writing to the skillselect IT support team?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/FAQs/Pages/I-am-having-technical-issues-with-SkillSelect.aspx

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hello everyone

Tough luck and there seems to be no defined solution except creating a new EOI.
Skillselect FAQ page has information about it. Did you write to them explaining your situation?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/forgotten-password

If you are unable to reset the password or answer the security questions you set for your EOI, you will no longer have access to this EOI. If you are still interested in skilled migration to Australia, you will need to create a new EOI.

Also, you can create another EOI at any time, regardless of whether you have another EOI currently active in SkillSelect. Each EOI is considered separately and has no association with any other EOI in your name. If you do create a new EOI, please ensure you keep a record of your new EOI number, password as well as responses to your new security questions.

Please note the SkillSelect Technical Support Helpdesk can only provide assistance for technical issues relating to SkillSelect and is not able to reset the password or provide the answers to the security questions that you have set.

Would you mind telling us your point score and ANZSCO?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello everyone

Hi Vince,

Im not sure if this will help and you might be aware of this already but these are the contact number for DHA - 02 6196 0196 or 131881. The wait time maybe over 20 mins or so but with your current predicament, it might be worth it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts