Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Me and my partner are attending the skills Australia needs:information and networking session over the weekend. Has anyone been to one of these before? Do they interview you on the day? Will they offer us jobs? I would just like abit more information as to what will happen on the day as not really sure what to expect.

Many thanks
Jem

G

·
Who is hosting the event? You wont be offered jobs but there will be lots of useful information there, useful only if you haven't been reading the forums and the DIAC sites like a crazy person!

We went to two, one held by DIAC, one held by a private company and found them useless as we already knew most of the information and got fed up with the pushy salesmen trying to sell us insurance, banking, pension transfers etc etc.

There are occasionally employers there but usually only at the health events. Even then you wouldn't simply be offered a job. They would have info on what jobs are available that you could apply to but that same info is available on seek and the health departments jobs pages.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Shel. The event is held at Australia house in London and has been put together by DIAC. The event is invitation only and they requested that we bring our CV's. We have been so overwhelmed by information and hoping this will clarify all the information we have read online and in forums. I am a midwife and my partner is am electrical engineer so fingers crossed they have some jobs we can apply for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.