Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I failed reading. Got level 9 on each of the others and a 5.5 on my reading!!! I cannot skim read and therefore will never be able to pass this bloody test!!
To be honest, I'm not surprised. But I am disappointed!
:-(

·
Registered
376 Posts
I failed reading. Got level 9 on each of the others and a 5.5 on my reading!!! I cannot skim read and therefore will never be able to pass this bloody test!!
fabulous to see you have 9 in all bands except reading.... You can easily capitalize reading section by practicing few exercises...

·
Registered
642 Posts
How do you do skim reading? Initially even i thought that reading could be tough after seeing the size of the passages. But i started practicing skim reading by underlining as i read through. I would underline the words/sentences that i felt was important in the paragraphs. Remember the questions are more or less based in sequence of the paragraphs itself. So if you have 10 questions and 5 paras then the first 2 questions would be from para 1, the next 2 from para 2 and so on. This is the usual sequence that i have seen, only sometimes you might find this is not true. Other than that what is felt tricky is questions which has answers true/false/not given. Just read through the paras for these questions very carefully and you will have your answer.
Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.