Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am trying to migrate to Australia from Denmark.
I had question to skills assessment. I have a MSc. in economics and business administration. And is currently working as Business Analyst at a leading bank.

Where can i get my skil assessed? And on what bases do they assess it?

I have over a year of experience in this field. Previously i have worked as finance assistant for 6 months.

Anyone please help me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi all,

I am trying to migrate to Australia from Denmark.
I had question to skills assessment. I have a MSc. in economics and business administration. And is currently working as Business Analyst at a leading bank.

Where can i get my skil assessed? And on what bases do they assess it?

I have over a year of experience in this field. Previously i have worked as finance assistant for 6 months.

Anyone please help me.
ACS will be the assessing authority. However, you may not get any points if you have only 1 year experience and will not get positive assessment. You will be required to go through RPL way for assessment as your master degree is not ICT major (not sure of your bachelor degree). In this case you need to have well over 6-8 years experience in BA role.

You may need to wait or consider other job codes. If your entire work experience in all roles is just around 1.5 years, you have to wait for some more time as most assessing authority needs more than 2 years experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for your reply.
So you would suggest I wait 6 months before applying? But you are sure that ACS are the correct ones accessing my skills?

Btw do they acess only on job or on my degrees as well?

I have both a BSc and MSc in economics and finance. But been working as business analyst, which is more or less the same job description as ICT BA.

Any help would be great.

I have preciously had got paid internship at a leading company as finance assistant. Will that count as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is really difference between ICT BA and BA? And can BA come under some other category?

I am doing economics analysis based on business requirements and more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts