Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an electrician in the uk and am qualified to nvq level 3, i have been looking on the australian goverment website at the list of countries that it says must have a skills assesment and cant see the uk on there. Do i actually need to do the assesment to come over on a temporary long stay visa (4 year one), as i want to make sure my family like it there before i apply for permanant resedency.Also does anybody know if southern australia recognise british qualifications as we are looking at adelaide, i have a freind who went to brisbane and couldnt work as his qualifications wernt recognised but another freind went to perth and has been fine, any info to clear this little mess up would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi rileymark1,

Which Australian government website are you looking at?

Please check out the Australia's Department of Immigration and Citizenship website at : immi.gov.au

For the specific visa types, check the following link.
Workers - Visas & Immigration

Electrician is found in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) that will allow you to maybe apply for a skilled visa if you meet the requirements. But first, you must have your skills assessed. By the SOL, the assessing authority shown for electrician is:
Trades Recognition Australia : Trades Recognition Australia - Home

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.