Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm an American who has been living in Paris for over 2 years as a student. I graduated from one of the grands ecoles de commerce and am currently looking for work. I haven't gotten an offer yet, and I would like to apply for the Skills and Competences visa to return to France to continue my search for employment.
I would just like to know if my profile will be appropriate for this type of visa. I would also like to know if being "pacse" to my French boyfriend will have any effect on my application.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
49,434 Posts
We've had lots of interest in the "skills and talent" visa, but so far not too many folks coming back to say they've managed to secure one.

This is the official page of the Service Public website for the skills and talent visa or carte de séjour: Carte de séjour "compétences et talents" - Service-public.fr You'll note that they require a "project" which will benefit France and your country of origin in some manner. I have yet to find any sort of indication of the nature of the projects accepted under this program, so it's difficult to advise on just what sort of project you need. But I think you need to propose something a bit more concrete than to continue your job search.

From another page on the Service Public website (you may want to try and find it, as the site has been changing pretty quickly), the fact of being PACS'd with someone in France is a factor that is "taken into consideration" when evaluating a demand for a carte de séjour, but it is not in and of itself sufficient to entitle you to a visa or carte de séjour (as would be, for example, being married to a French national).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just applied for the visa and I am waiting for reply from the NYC consulate. We had to have a business plan, revenue model and proof that our project will benefit both the US and French populations. Additionally they want you to prove you can provide for yourself and that your established in your field.

I'm pretty sure you need a very focused and developed project, not just an idea of a direction you want to head in. But I could be very wrong :). We should know in the next week or so if we got the visa, perhaps I will have more information then.

·
Registered
142 Posts
J-in-Paris
I wanted to apply for the carte competents and talents for the same reason as you. My job contract with my French employer was expiring and I wanted to stay back here to look for another job. So I went to my local prefecture to enquire about it. It seems you need more than just a 'project'. Your 'project' has to be an official partnership between the country of your origin and France, and you'll need to provide the documentation to support that. In addition, you'll also need to provide evidence that there is enough by way of finances and other resources to enable the project to be completed succesfully.
So inspite of having a PhD, several years of experience in my field of research, having authored several research papers, and having a fairly comprehensive project, I was not permitted to apply for a Carte Competents et Talents. It seems to be really a very difficult thing to get hold of.

LeahStunts: Please update us about the status of your visa application.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.