Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem such a silly question but before applying for the Skilled workers and professionals Visa to immigrate to Canada do you need to have a job offer in place or can you apply then start looking for jobs?

I'm pretty sure I've read that it can take up to 27 months for your application to process, if this is correct then it seems stupid to have a job offer first and expect that employer to wait out untill you get one?? ..

Please direct me if I am in the completely going in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have joined the forum as looking for a bit of advice. We are also looking to come to Canada and my fiance has a trade, he is a glazier. I seen this on the list a few weeks ago but now I dont think it is. Could someone advise me if we could get a visa with his trade. Thank You

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info and getting back to me so quickly. This forum is fab!!!! Sorry for being blonde and for all the questions, but we have friends that stay over there and was thinking about going over on holiday first of all and then seeing what the jobs are like out there. If he seen glazier jobs, could he apply for them and get the company to sponsor him? Or what options would he have. Any help would be great!!! :)

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Thanks for the info and getting back to me so quickly. This forum is fab!!!! Sorry for being blonde and for all the questions, but we have friends that stay over there and was thinking about going over on holiday first of all and then seeing what the jobs are like out there. If he seen glazier jobs, could he apply for them and get the company to sponsor him? Or what options would he have. Any help would be great!!! :)
Yes, you may look for work while on vacation but, of course, you cannot work until visa in place. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm planning migrate Canada with family from India. As a Dentist I need to clear license test and education
And my wife can get clinic research job.Just wanna know about the cost of living and life in canada.
Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.