Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and need imformation of applying for Australia PR visa subclass 175.
me andmy husband both have work exp of 4+ years .
I am working on SAP retail and SAP POS as a software tester and have a deep functional knowledge .I am ISTQB foundation level certified also .I might appear for SAP Retail assosiate level certification soon .I have completed my B.Tech in Biotechnology ,i am not sure if thsi would make a difference .i wanted to know if i can apply for subclass 175 (independent ) instead of 176 in any possible way.

My husband is working on SAP BASIS for last 1.8 years and before that he was working as build and configuration expert for SAP POS .He is working as a lead for a team of 10 people .He has completed his B.tech in Mechnical engineering .Kindly suggest in which category he should apply.

Kindly also suggest probable chances of getting jobs in australia.

Best Regards
Vicky

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Vicky,

first of all, you'll have to check if your jobs are on the skilled occupation list edited by the australian immigration services : Visa Options – Professionals and other Skilled Migrants – Workers – Visas & Immigration

As far as the job is on the skilled occupation list, you are likely to get one once your visa is granted as they call for jobs where there are not enough peolple in Australia to fill in the positions.

Now, as far as I know, 175 or 176 is almost the same excepted that when sponsored by a state (=176 visa) you'll have to check if your job is on a state list you agree to live in that specific state for at least two years.

Best advice is to go to the australian immigration site : almost everything is written there.

Good luck ;)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hi Vicky (usually this is a nickname for boys isin't it ?? :) )......

welcome to this forum....
You can check the sticky threads which will be a good starting point ..you occupation needs to be in the SOL list ...after that you will need to get the skills assessment done and then the IELTS....
if you want to opt for 176 visa then your occupation should also be in the state's migration list....

:)

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and need imformation of applying for Australia PR visa subclass 175.
me andmy husband both have work exp of 4+ years .
I am working on SAP retail and SAP POS as a software tester and have a deep functional knowledge .I am ISTQB foundation level certified also .I might appear for SAP Retail assosiate level certification soon .I have completed my B.Tech in Biotechnology ,i am not sure if thsi would make a difference .i wanted to know if i can apply for subclass 175 (independent ) instead of 176 in any possible way.

My husband is working on SAP BASIS for last 1.8 years and before that he was working as build and configuration expert for SAP POS .He is working as a lead for a team of 10 people .He has completed his B.tech in Mechnical engineering .Kindly suggest in which category he should apply.

Kindly also suggest probable chances of getting jobs in australia.

Best Regards
Vicky

·
Registered
68 Posts
Stormgal,

thatz the diff between india and the west. :D

vicky in india is the nickname for victor, vikas etc same as sandy for sandesh, sandeep etc.

welll in the west its sandy for sandra and vicky for victoria. I have stopped using my nickname:confused::( in australia though some of my indian friends still call be by it.

Globalization has some negative effect as well. :)

lol, vicky is a nickname for girls! It's short for Victoria.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All,
Thanks a lot for your responses .
Yes ..my nick name is Vicky and in india quite strange for a girl to have vicky as nick name ... :(
anyways :focus:
My husband has a 2 years of experience in SAP basis/SAP netweaver implementation before that he has 2 years of experince in Build /Configuration and he has completed his degree in mechanical engineering
He wants to take up job in sap basis ..anyways from the same field ...kindly let me know how much chances he has to get a job ..
I have already tired jobsite "SEEK" and there most of the openings are for more than 4 yrs of exp .
It will be highly appreciated if someone can advice on his chances.

Best Regards
Vicky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.