Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) I had my Skills Assessment with Engineers Australia done and received my notice of assessment letter back in January 2015.
I have decided to delay submitting my Expression of Interest (EOI) on SkillSelect because I want my girlfriend to come with me to Australia and we need to live together for 12 months prior to submitting my EOI.
Anyways, on my initial Skills Assessment, it shows that I have gained 28 months of total overseas work experience. (I can gain 5 points for my EOI if I show at least 36 months). I plan on submitting my EOI at the beginning of 2016 to meet the 12 month de facto living together requirement. Now, since I am/will be working and will have gained more overseas work experience between my initial assessment in January 2015 and the time I plan to submit, early 2016, how do I go about getting a new total for overseas work experience? Do I have to submit a completely new Skill Assessment? Or are there forms for supplemental work experience to hopefully gain.

·
Registered
664 Posts
1) I had my Skills Assessment with Engineers Australia done and received my notice of assessment letter back in January 2015.
I have decided to delay submitting my Expression of Interest (EOI) on SkillSelect because I want my girlfriend to come with me to Australia and we need to live together for 12 months prior to submitting my EOI.
Anyways, on my initial Skills Assessment, it shows that I have gained 28 months of total overseas work experience. (I can gain 5 points for my EOI if I show at least 36 months). I plan on submitting my EOI at the beginning of 2016 to meet the 12 month de facto living together requirement. Now, since I am/will be working and will have gained more overseas work experience between my initial assessment in January 2015 and the time I plan to submit, early 2016, how do I go about getting a new total for overseas work experience? Do I have to submit a completely new Skill Assessment? Or are there forms for supplemental work experience to hopefully gain.
You guys should, but are not required to live together for 12 months.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you continue to work for the same employer in the same occupation as what is stated on your skills assessment, you can simply provided updated documentation to prove the additional experience (updated job reference letter, additional pay slips, etc.) If it's a new employer/job, then I'd get a new skills assessment to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fyi, i contacted engineers australia and i can send them additional documents, just like before, and they will reassess but i have to send my old result letter back and they'll issue me a new letter. the cost is also like $305

1 - 4 of 4 Posts