Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

On June 30, 2015 CO was assigned to our application of 189 visa. On July 1, an email was sent by a Skilled Support Officer that the points we claimed in our EOI which were 70 are not correct. The officer believes that it was done by mistake and thus seeking our permission to correct the score to reflect the actual score of 60.
My husband is the primary applicant. The discrepancy was due the calculation of work experience which is more than 5 years if we consider his total working experience. But due to some ACS rules which I am not much aware of the approved experience is of less then 5 years.
Now if we grant the permission to the officer to correct our score, what impact will it have on our application? Will the process proceed normally?

Thanks,
Afrin

·
Registered
528 Posts
You would be really lucky if CO wont reject your application based on over claiming points. This happened with some members before. Few of them were able to claim the refund but most of them had lost the application fee due to overclaiming the points in EOI.

See, the issue is, that you were invited for the visa application based on 70 points i-e way ahead of 60 & 65 pointers. That is the reason they usually reject the application in case of over claiming the points.

But, maybe starting from new year they are reconsidering this policy (highly unlikely). I cant think how will it work. Maybe if you give him the permission, your EOI will be updated and you will have to wait for invite again. I really hope so, but dont think that CO will proceed with your application after reducing the points.

Again, 10 points difference isnt justifiable because if your exp is reduced from 5 years to lets say 3+ years, then you should still have 65 points.

Can you pls provide us the points breakdown.

Wish you all the best. let us know how it turns out.

Reactions: msaeed

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hello,

On June 30, 2015 CO was assigned to our application of 189 visa. On July 1, an email was sent by a Skilled Support Officer that the points we claimed in our EOI which were 70 are not correct. The officer believes that it was done by mistake and thus seeking our permission to correct the score to reflect the actual score of 60.
My husband is the primary applicant. The discrepancy was due the calculation of work experience which is more than 5 years if we consider his total working experience. But due to some ACS rules which I am not much aware of the approved experience is of less then 5 years.
Now if we grant the permission to the officer to correct our score, what impact will it have on our application? Will the process proceed normally?

Thanks,
Afrin
It was incorrect on your part to claim points for full experience while ACS only considered a part of it. now you've no option but oblige to the CO.
It'll then be up to to the CO to take your application forward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our skilled points breakdown is:

Age 25 to 32 - 30 points
English level ability Proficient - 10 points
Qualifications - 15
Overseas work experience 5 years or more - 10 points
Partner skill qualifications - 5 points

So in total we claimed 70 points.

This is the email text:
I have reviewed your claims on which your invitation score was based. I am satisfied that you made an inadvertent error when entering your details into SkillSelect about:

• claimed to have overseas employment experience of 5 years. However does not have 5 years overseas employment experience.

I find that your invitation score is actually 60.

I note that this invitation score of 60 would still have led to an invitation being issued in subsequent invitation rounds since you applied.

I am therefore seeking your permission to correct the score to reflect the actual score of 60.

As you are aware, a mandatory criterion for the grant of the visa for which you have applied requires that the applicant’s points test score assessed by the visa case officer is not less than the score stated in the invitation to apply for the visa (‘invitation score’).

I have provisionally assessed your points test score as 60. Subject to your agreement to correct the score to reflect your actual invitation score, I will then consider your assessed points test score against the actual invitation score.

If you wish to respond to this letter, please do so within 28 days after receipt of this email. As this letter was sent to you by email, you are taken to have received it at the end of the day it was transmitted.

This news is so depressing. I hope he doesn't reject our application.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello,

Thanks,
Afrin
whatever the case..you are super lucky i guess. He contacted you instead of rejecting application.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Our skilled points breakdown is:

Age 25 to 32 - 30 points
English level ability Proficient - 10 points
Qualifications - 15
Overseas work experience 5 years or more - 10 points
Partner skill qualifications - 5 points

So in total we claimed 70 points.

This is the email text:
I have reviewed your claims on which your invitation score was based. I am satisfied that you made an inadvertent error when entering your details into SkillSelect about:

• claimed to have overseas employment experience of 5 years. However does not have 5 years overseas employment experience.

I find that your invitation score is actually 60.

I note that this invitation score of 60 would still have led to an invitation being issued in subsequent invitation rounds since you applied.

I am therefore seeking your permission to correct the score to reflect the actual score of 60.

As you are aware, a mandatory criterion for the grant of the visa for which you have applied requires that the applicant’s points test score assessed by the visa case officer is not less than the score stated in the invitation to apply for the visa (‘invitation score’).

I have provisionally assessed your points test score as 60. Subject to your agreement to correct the score to reflect your actual invitation score, I will then consider your assessed points test score against the actual invitation score.

If you wish to respond to this letter, please do so within 28 days after receipt of this email. As this letter was sent to you by email, you are taken to have received it at the end of the day it was transmitted.

This news is so depressing. I hope he doesn't reject our application.
Still i am unable to understand how its 60 and not 65. If you claimed 10 points for 5+ exp, ACS reduced 2 years so you still have 3+ years exp which should give you 5 points. So, only 5 points should be deducted. Maybe I am missing something.

Anyway, you dont have any options other than to let your CO to revise the points. I am not completely able to understand what does he mean by "I will then consider your assessed points test score against the actual invitation score.". But seems from the overall positive tone of his email i believe he will not reject your case and move forward with your application, which would be btw too good to be true :).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe you are okay. if you read carefully what the CO has mentioned in the letter then it sumps up to

1. to get a visa.... claimed points have to be equal to CO's assessed points
2. in your case... claimed points are 70 but CO's assessed points are 60
3. he wants to adjust the points so that claimed points come down to 60 and become equal to CO's assessed points and hence the application can be processed instead of rejected.

but just one question why is he giving you 0 point for work experience. he should give you at least 5 points for experience if your ACS assessment is more than 3 years

·
Registered
528 Posts
I believe you are okay. if you read carefully what the CO has mentioned in the letter then it sumps up to

3. he wants to adjust the points so that claimed points come down to 60 and become equal to CO's assessed points and hence the application can be processed instead of rejected.

but just one question why is he giving you 0 point for work experience. he should give you at least 5 points for experience if your ACS assessment is more than 3 years
I agree with you but, did you check his remark

"I will then consider your assessed points test score against the actual invitation score'. Isnt actual invitation score 70? because she got the invite as per 70.

Only this part is confusing to me.

·
Registered
528 Posts
@Sayedaa

Can you pls share ACS outcome letter content i-e approved employment in order to clear confusion about employment points. Because, if that is the case then you should indicate it in your reply to CO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
it is written "Subject to your agreement to correct the score to reflect your actual invitation score, I will then consider your assessed points test score against the actual invitation score."

i believe what he means is that after agreement, the actual invitation score will come down to 60. so after that point the actual invitation score will be 60 and not 70.

anyhow, the best thing to do would be email back to CO and ask clearly what will happen next. From my experience, COs always answer in detail. there is nothing to lose any further but to gain.

I agree with you but, did you check his remark

"I will then consider your assessed points test score against the actual invitation score'. Isnt actual invitation score 70? because she got the invite as per 70.

Only this part is confusing to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

My husband is working since December 2007 and all the jobs were included in skill assessment. But he completed his MS in December 2012. I believe they are including the work experience after the completion of his masters.

So should we reply positively to change our score to 60?

Thanks,
Afrin

·
Registered
20 Posts
yeap. that is a must. when you write an email to the CO, make sure it is comprehensive and none of your concerns are missed out. else you will end up losing time.

@Sayedaa

Can you pls share ACS outcome letter content i-e approved employment in order to clear confusion about employment points. Because, if that is the case then you should indicate it in your reply to CO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is okay. the question is how many years did ACS assessment consider. is it less than 3 years?

My husband is working since December 2007 and all the jobs were included in skill assessment. But he completed his MS in December 2012. I believe they are including the work experience after the completion of his masters.

So should we reply positively to change our score to 60?

Thanks,
Afrin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your qualifications have been assessed as follows:
Your Master of Science in Computer Science from --------- completed December 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor
Degree with a major in computing.
Your Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering from National University of Sciences And
Technology (NUST) completed December 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF
Bachelor Degree with a minor in computing.
The following employment after December 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 12/07 - 12/08 (1yrs 0mths)
Position: Senior PHP Developer
Employer:

Dates: 05/09 - 07/10 (1yrs 2mths)
Position: Web Developer
Employer:

Dates: 07/10 - 08/11 (1yrs 1mths)
Position: Software Engineer
Employer:
Dates: 08/11 - 07/13 (1yrs 11mths)

Position: Software Engineer/Lead Software Engineer
Employer:
Dates: 12/13 - 08/14 (0yrs 8mths)

Position: Assistant Project Manager
Employer:
Dates: 09/14 - 03/15 (0yrs 6mths)

Position: Project Manager
Employer:

This is ACS letter. I think my husband has misunderstood and counted all the years instead.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do not think that your application will be rejected. just send an email to the CO and ask him what is going to happen. as i said earlier, their replies are pretty detailed and they reply within 7 working days.

best of luck

Your Master of Science in Computer Science from --------- completed December 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor
Your Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering from National University of Sciences And
Technology (NUST) completed December 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF
The following employment after December 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
Employer:

Employer:

Employer:

Employer:

Employer:

Employer:

This is ACS letter. I think my husband has misunderstood and counted all the years instead.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Employer:

Employer:

Employer:

Employer:

Employer:

Employer:

Respond to the CO in detail and accept the mistake, inform them it's genuine and not a malicious attempt to overclaim.

·
Registered
528 Posts
"The following employment after December 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code."

So, if we consider after dec 2012, it will b less than 3 years (til the time of invite) hence no points for employment. so 60 is correct.

Yes, Tahirrehan is right. Better to ask CO about the consequences if you allow him to change the points to 60.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Isn't it possible to clarify with the case officer by calling them and get an understanding of what they mean before you respond? You go 28 days and that's lots of time to check with CO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, we will email the officer and ask about the consequences of changing the score.

Thank you everyone. I hope our application gets through.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't worry and be confident. trust me if they were to cancel your application then they would had without contacting you. i am 100% sure that you are in the green zone.

best of luck

Yeah, we will email the officer and ask about the consequences of changing the score.

Thank you everyone. I hope our application gets through.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts