Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a few questions regarding Skilled Nominated Visa subclass 190.

I am currently living in Canberra, AU, and I am going to apply for Skilled Nominated Visa subclass 190. I am also going to include my wife as secondary applicant who is currently outside of Australia.

My questions are as follow:

Q1: After applying for the visa, while the application is under process, can I travel outside of Australia? If so, then for how long can I stay outside of Australia?
For e.g. Just after filing the visa application can I leave the country and return when the visa is granted?

Q2: As I mentioned my wife is the secondary applicant, so during the time 190 visa application is under process, can I (or my wife) file for a visitor's visa to Australia?
Can a second visa be filed for in addition to 190 visa?

Q3: If I go outside of Australia, would it take more time for my application to be granted?

I would be very thankful if someone could help me out with these questions.

Many thanks and regards,
Tayyab

·
Registered
326 Posts
1- yes you can as far as your current visa is valid after that you have to apply bridging visa b to travel
2- no. If you file another visa application then your previous application cancelled
3- no. It doesn't impact processing times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
2- no. If you file another visa application then your previous application cancelled
Are you sure? I don't agree with that. You can apply visitor VISA while one of your application is awaiting decision.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Q2: As I mentioned my wife is the secondary applicant, so during the time 190 visa application is under process, can I (or my wife) file for a visitor's visa to Australia?
You can get yourself Bridging B visa if your existing visa is going to expire before you travel back to Australia and get visitor visa for your wife. Your wife would need to leave Australia before 190 application decision can be made.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Q1: After applying for the visa, while the application is under process, can I travel outside of Australia? If so, then for how long can I stay outside of Australia?
For e.g. Just after filing the visa application can I leave the country and return when the visa is granted?

Q3: If I go outside of Australia, would it take more time for my application to be granted?
1. Yes, you can leave the country. If you lodge your 190 application while you are in Australia, you will automatically be issued a Bridging Visa A which will take effect when your current visa expires. You don't say what visa you currently have, but if it doesn't let you re-enter Australia, then leaving would cancel the BVA. If you want to keep the ability to re-enter Australia before your 190 is granted, you would need to apply for a Bridging Visa B before leaving and the BVB would let you re-enter while waiting for the 190 to be processed.
2. Yes. However if the 190 is granted before her visitor visa is approved, you should IMMEDIATELY withdraw the visitor visa application to avoid it being granted and replacing the 190 visa (you can only hold one visa at any time). She could come and visit you until the 190 is granted. The 190 can be granted while she is in Australia.
3. No, leaving Australia will have no affect on the 190 processing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. Yes, you can leave the country. If you lodge your 190 application while you are in Australia, you will automatically be issued a Bridging Visa A which will take effect when your current visa expires. You don't say what visa you currently have, but if it doesn't let you re-enter Australia, then leaving would cancel the BVA. If you want to keep the ability to re-enter Australia before your 190 is granted, you would need to apply for a Bridging Visa B before leaving and the BVB would let you re-enter while waiting for the 190 to be processed.
2. Yes. However if the 190 is granted before her visitor visa is approved, you should IMMEDIATELY withdraw the visitor visa application to avoid it being granted and replacing the 190 visa (you can only hold one visa at any time). She could come and visit you until the 190 is granted. The 190 can be granted while she is in Australia.
Hi Maggie-May24,

I currently have Temporary Residency subclass 485 visa, which expires Oct/Nov 2018.

1.You say that when I lodge my 190 application, I would be granted BVA. Would that replace my current visa immediately or would I have the 485 visa until it expires?
The 485 lets me re-enter AU.

Question: So I stay outside of Australia indefinitely until 190 is granted?
Can I stay outside AU for more than 6 months consecutively? (while my 190 application is under processing)

2. If I apply visitor visa for her, and it gets rejected. Would it have any affect on 190 visa application?

Many thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts