Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a medical student, currently in third year. So I' did this double degree program in Malaysia where I was under medical course and did one extra year to get my degree in bachelor of medical sciences. Now I will be continuing my medical studies in australia. I would like to apply for the skilled migration about next year, so that by the time I graduate I won't be placed in rural areas, or even not given a place in australia as I'm an international student. So I was wondering if I do a degree in education for year on top of the degree I currently have, will I be qualified to apply for the skilled migration as a teacher. would really appreciate your advice on this.

Thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi, I'm a medical student, currently in third year. So I' did this double degree program in Malaysia where I was under medical course and did one extra year to get my degree in bachelor of medical sciences. Now I will be continuing my medical studies in australia. I would like to apply for the skilled migration about next year, so that by the time I graduate I won't be placed in rural areas, or even not given a place in australia as I'm an international student. So I was wondering if I do a degree in education for year on top of the degree I currently have, will I be qualified to apply for the skilled migration as a teacher. would really appreciate your advice on this.

Thanks a lot :)
If you can get a positive skills assessment from AITSL after completing your degree in education; I dont see a reason why you can't apply for GSM as a teacher.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts