Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the required points needed to get invitation to migrate to NZ? And is there anybody registered with the Medical Science Council of NZ and how easy it is to get a job in NZ

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
You must score at least 160 points to get the EOI selected from the pool.
If you don't have any experience of study or work in NZ or don't have a job offer in NZ you will not get Resident Visa even if you have 160 points plus on the EOI. You will only get job search visa.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info. Congrats on getting the citizenship. When I used the EOI points calculator, mine was 130 points. Do you think I should go ahead with the EOI with the score or I should look for job before applying?

Is it even easy to get a job?

You must score at least 160 points to get the EOI selected from the pool.
If you don't have any experience of study or work in NZ or don't have a job offer in NZ you will not get Resident Visa even if you have 160 points plus on the EOI. You will only get job search visa.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Thank you for the info. Congrats on getting the citizenship. When I used the EOI points calculator, mine was 130 points. Do you think I should go ahead with the EOI with the score or I should look for job before applying?

Is it even easy to get a job?
We haven't got citizenship. We can apply but too expensive for us at the moment having recently built a house. It's pretty costly for the 3 of us and then the added costs for passports. I've just paid around $340 to replace my UK passport also.

No point submitting EOI with 130 points. It'll never be selected. You'll need a job offer. Yes it is possible to land a job here from overseas but all depends on your industry and how desperate employers are for your skills.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once again, thank you for the advice.

I'm a Biomedical Scientist currently working in the UK. So, I should be scouting for job in the health/medical sector.

Do you have idea of a website one can use to search for job?

We haven't got citizenship. We can apply but too expensive for us at the moment having recently built a house. It's pretty costly for the 3 of us and then the added costs for passports. I've just paid around $340 to replace my UK passport also.

No point submitting EOI with 130 points. It'll never be selected. You'll need a job offer. Yes it is possible to land a job here from overseas but all depends on your industry and how desperate employers are for your skills.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Once again, thank you for the advice.

I'm a Biomedical Scientist currently working in the UK. So, I should be scouting for job in the health/medical sector.

Do you have idea of a website one can use to search for job?
www.seek.co.nz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts