Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please kindly advise, i got an offer to study information technology and want to major in networking and security. Will i be able to get the independent skilled migrae visa at the end of my studies. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
please kindly advise, i got an offer to study information technology and want to major in networking and security. Will i be able to get the independent skilled migrae visa at the end of my studies. Thanks
Nope.
You won't have sufficient experience to afford you enough points. You'll need 3 years post qualification experience.
The normal route after a study visa is a post study job search visa which will allow you to stay on for 9 months to search for a skilled job and then a practical experience visa will be required to actually allow you to live here and work in that job then maybe you can apply for a resident visa via skilled migrant category when you have gained sufficient experience.
It's all in the name.....skilled migrant!
Completing an academic course of study doesn't make you skilled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks for taking the time to educate me on the subject matter. I have an undergraduate degree in computer science which qualifies me for the system analyst category and also has work experience but in my home country. Is it suitable, kindly advise? If it is not asking for too much, can you really send me a detailed pre-requisite for that visa category. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Ok, thanks for taking the time to educate me on the subject matter. I have an undergraduate degree in computer science which qualifies me for the system analyst category and also has work experience but in my home country. Is it suitable, kindly advise? If it is not asking for too much, can you really send me a detailed pre-requisite for that visa category. Thanks
Yes maybe your undergrad degree and work experience is suitable. You would need to complete the points indicator to see how you score in the skilled migrant category :-
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/
If you score 140 points or more then if NZ is your goal you should submit EOI as it will be selected automatically at the next selection date after submission.
If you score 100 to 135 then there is no point submitting EOI as EOI's without a job offer and with this points range will not be selected.
If you score 100 to 135 points with a job offer then there is currently every chance the EOI will be selected. See historic selections here :-
2015 selections and NZ Residence Programme Fact Sheets - New Zealand Immigration Service

Everything you need to know about migration to NZ can be found on the INZ website. In particular the pages associated with Resident Visa via Skilled Migrant Category :-
Skilled Migrant Category

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
My destination is Australia not New Zealand. Kindly advise
You are asking the question in the wrong forum then. I'd advise you to ask in the Australia forum which is for people wanting to migrate to Australia!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts