Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

We as family are planing to migrate to NZ - will be applying for EOI soon, before i do that i need to understand...

a) The success rate and challenges for someone with a score of 175 points ?
b) Some friend suggest that with 175 points the primary applicant will get a 1 year job search visa only, what is the real scenario ?

Pls suggest...:confused:

Thank you for your valuable support in advance:).

Sudhir

·
Super Moderator
4,951 Posts
Dear Friends,

We as family are planing to migrate to NZ - will be applying for EOI soon, before i do that i need to understand...

a) The success rate and challenges for someone with a score of 175 points ?
b) Some friend suggest that with 175 points the primary applicant will get a 1 year job search visa only, what is the real scenario ?

Pls suggest...:confused:

Thank you for your valuable support in advance:).

Sudhir
Hi,

Success is not about the total points score. Your applications won't be approved any more quickly or be favoured over another with a different score just because you have more points. It is about how your EOI points are made up.

a) Success rate is the same for everyone. Your points must be solid points. You MUST be able to provide evidence that you can claim those points at the time you make the EOI claim. You cannot claim for points retrospectively - i.e. you cannot claim for points for 6 years of experience when you only have 5.5 years of experience etc.
Your challenges are the same as everyone else's.
You need to make sure that you have a sufficient recognised qualification or one that has been assessed at the desired level.
You need to make sure you have sufficient experience and that you have documents to prove you can claim those years of experience.
You will have to be able to show you meet the minimum basic English language requirement.
If you receive ITA you will have to have medicals and provide police reports and they must be in your favour or you risk not meeting a required standard which could force a decline in the application.

b) Your friend is incorrect.
The decision to only award a 1 year JSV is all about how your EOI score is made up. To be eligible for Resident Visa via SMC you MUST have one of the following :-
(i) An NZ skilled job offer,
(ii) Qualifying NZ study experience (in NZ).
(iii) Qualifying NZ work experience (in NZ).
Without one of these you WILL NOT be approved for RV via SMC, however if you have sufficient points you should be offered a 1 year JSV. Bear in mind this 1 year JSV is only for the principal applicant and does not allow anybody else on your RV application to travel to NZ. In that 12 months in NZ you must get a written skilled job offer or you will have to leave. The JSV does allow you to work in any job so long as it is legal. If you do get a written skilled job offer you can work in that job and you can use that job offer to then get the RV for you and the rest of the family on the application.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.