Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi experts,

I am eligible to apply for Skilled Independant (175) visa.
But, I want to apply for Skilled Sponser (176) visa because I have a relative to sponser for me.
Can I do that?
I have got this question as I see the statement for 176 visa:
"A permanent visa for people unable to meet the Skilled – Independent pass mark."
What I understand is that I need to go for 176 when I am unable to meet 175.
Is that it mean?

Please help clarify me.
Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi experts,

But, I want to apply for Skilled Sponser (176) visa because I have a relative to sponser for me.
Can I do that?
"A permanent visa for people unable to meet the Skilled – Independent pass mark."
Is that it mean?

Please help clarify me.
Thanks.

Yes, That Correct, But if u Apply with Skilled Sponsor Your file will be process faster as per New DIAC Rule.

Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
u mean then ppl with 120 points or more cannot apply for state sponsorship?

Then most of the skills in demand for a state is already in CSL, normally ppl in CSL will able to get 120 points, then according to ur statement ppl with CSL can't apply for State sponsorship???

I don't think so........

·
Registered
46 Posts
u mean then ppl with 120 points or more cannot apply for state sponsorship?

Then most of the skills in demand for a state is already in CSL, normally ppl in CSL will able to get 120 points, then according to ur statement ppl with CSL can't apply for State sponsorship???

I don't think so........
No, If you want u can Still Apply for State Sponsorship. But if u are getting 120 , then you will Get PR, if u apply for State Spnsorship - SRS then you will get 3 year Visa, in Which u have to Live for 2 year & work 1 year on SOL. to Get PR.

But If u Apply for SSV - then u can get PR. Directly if i am not wrong.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi experts,

Can I do that?
Is that it mean?

Please help clarify me.
Thanks.
Hi

If you are in CSL and able to apply 175 then please go for it. Because even if you go for 176 , you may save Maximum of 3 to 6 months , as per new rule 175 will be procesed with in 12 months. But if you get 175 , you are free to do anything / anywhere in Oz so dont worry about waiting little more

If you are not in CSL then what ever the way you try you cant make out atleast for another 2 years !! Then only option is visa 457 ( Employer sponsored )

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi

If you are in CSL and able to apply 175 then please go for it. Because even if you go for 176 , you may save Maximum of 3 to 6 months , as per new rule 175 will be procesed with in 12 months. But if you get 175 , you are free to do anything / anywhere in Oz so dont worry about waiting little more

If you are not in CSL then what ever the way you try you cant make out atleast for another 2 years !! Then only option is visa 457 ( Employer sponsored )
176 isn't bound to anything right? It's almost like 175 except that it's just with a relative sponsorship and point requirement is 100. You're still free to work anywhere in Australia right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
176 isn't bound to anything right? It's almost like 175 except that it's just with a relative sponsorship and point requirement is 100. You're still free to work anywhere in Australia right?
I have only looked for information about SSV from WA and one criteria to get sponsored is that you commit to live and work in Western Australia. See link below for other conditions.

State Migration Centre Skilled Sponsored Visa

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you apply 176 with SS then you will have lot of restrictions like have to work for 12 of the past 24 months in a single "skilled" occupation and live in same state for 2 years minimum

But i am not sure what happens when you apply with Relatives sponsorship

·
Registered
619 Posts
you will have lot of restrictions like have to work for 12 of the past 24 months in a single "skilled" occupation and live in same state for 2 years minimum
I think you may be misinformed, can you show me where you read this? The only requirement of state sponsorship is that you remain in the state for 2 years. It is just like the 175 otherwise. Nowhere have I read you need to work in a single skilled occupation for 12 months.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you apply 176 with SS then you will have lot of restrictions like have to work for 12 of the past 24 months in a single "skilled" occupation and live in same state for 2 years minimum

But i am not sure what happens when you apply with Relatives sponsorship
I see, I was looking more into relative sponsorship. An agent told me that there aren't any restrictions when it comes to moving around states.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts