Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am planning to migrate to canada. I am looking forward for skilled migration ( with PR) . Just wanted to know how many points I will get for my education. I have done my bachelors in commerce from India (3 years full time) and masters from Coventry University, UK (1 year full time) . I am just confused as my masters is only for 1 year.

Please advise on the above.

Regards,
Nidheesh

·
Super Moderator
5,178 Posts
Google is your friend.

In regards to how many points you will actually get for your education, it depends on how your qualifications compare to Canadian qualifications with the same designation, and to have them assessed, the government of Canada requires that you go through WES to have them assess your credentials, as degrees from India are not always equivalent to similarly designated degrees in Canada.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your Master's can be for one year. First you'll need to get your highest qualification ie your Master's assessed by any of the CIC appointed bodies (WES, ICAS etc) to obtain it's Canadian equivalency. Only then would you be able to claim points for education.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Hi all,

I am planning to migrate to canada. I am looking forward for skilled migration ( with PR) . Just wanted to know how many points I will get for my education. I have done my bachelors in commerce from India (3 years full time) and masters from Coventry University, UK (1 year full time) . I am just confused as my masters is only for 1 year.

Please advise on the above.

Regards,
Nidheesh

The majority of Master's degrees only take one year to complete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.