Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to immigrate with my wife as the Primary Applicant.

She has completed both her Bachelors and Masters in Computer Applications in India and is working with Infosys as a Systems Engineer since June 2011. Her role includes development and support of Business Intelligence systems.

Please confirm if we need to apply for Skilled - Independent (subclass 189).

Also, let me know if we will get a positive assessment the Australian Computer Society if we launch one now.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'm planning to immigrate with my wife as the Primary Applicant.

She has completed both her Bachelors and Masters in Computer Applications in India and is working with Infosys as a Systems Engineer since June 2011. Her role includes development and support of Business Intelligence systems.

Please confirm if we need to apply for Skilled - Independent (subclass 189).

Also, let me know if we will get a positive assessment the Australian Computer Society if we launch one now.
hi friend,

firstly, do a research on below things.
1. Do check her roles and responsibilities against the closely related occupation defined by DIAC to find the occupation name and code?
2. Do find the relevant assessing authority for your wife's skill set?
3. Check their requirements, for ACS, your wife needs to sit for IELTS and score 6 bands in each section to be eligible for skills assessment.
4. check whether her occupation is in CSOL/SOL list?

Regards,
Sathiya

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sathiya,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the SOL and found the below:

261311 Analyst Programmer
261312 Developer Programmer
261313 Software Engineer
263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer

I'm looking for help in determining the category under which her profile will fall.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Sathiya,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the SOL and found the below:

261311 Analyst Programmer
261312 Developer Programmer
261313 Software Engineer
263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer

I'm looking for help in determining the category under which her profile will fall.
Hi buddy,

good to see these inputs from you. If her roles are the combination of these 4 occupations, i would like you to explore all avenues further.

1. Can your wife get letters of roles and responsibilities from all companies ahe worked/works for a particular occupation?
2. Secondly, 2613 is highly competitive one and a result, it is very tough to get the invite soon if she applies for skills assessment under any of first 3 occupations on condition that her overall points not more than 60. If here total points are 65 or more, then i would recommend here to choose any of the occupations listed from 1 to 3.
3. However, the competition in 263111 is very low and even with 60 points, one can get an invite very soon, roughly around 1 month. Hence, if possible ask her whether she is able to get the letters of job descriptions matching the roles defined for this occupation in DIAC's website. If so, this is the ideal option.
4. The number of places allotted for 263111 is decent and there are plenty of places left yet for this profile. Hence, the chances are higher for an invite.

If you could answer my above questions, i could direct you properly. Like my comment if it is useful.

Sathiya

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Madrag,

One of the immigration agents that I met told me that since her Bachelors and Masters are in the same area of her current occupation, she requires only 2 years experience to get 5 points. I'm trying to validate this as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi buddy,

good to see these inputs from you. If her roles are the combination of these 4 occupations, i would like you to explore all avenues further.

1. Can your wife get letters of roles and responsibilities from all companies ahe worked/works for a particular occupation?
2. Secondly, 2613 is highly competitive one and a result, it is very tough to get the invite soon if she applies for skills assessment under any of first 3 occupations on condition that her overall points not more than 60. If here total points are 65 or more, then i would recommend here to choose any of the occupations listed from 1 to 3.
3. However, the competition in 263111 is very low and even with 60 points, one can get an invite very soon, roughly around 1 month. Hence, if possible ask her whether she is able to get the letters of job descriptions matching the roles defined for this occupation in DIAC's website. If so, this is the ideal option.
4. The number of places allotted for 263111 is decent and there are plenty of places left yet for this profile. Hence, the chances are higher for an invite.

If you could answer my above questions, i could direct you properly. Like my comment if it is useful.

Sathiya
Hi Sathiya,

She has been working only with Infosys since June 2011 as a developer in Business Intelligence projects. She can get the required letters. Please let know the SOL title under which we need to apply for ACS assessment.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Madrag,

One of the immigration agents that I met told me that since her Bachelors and Masters are in the same area of her current occupation, she requires only 2 years experience to get 5 points. I'm trying to validate this as well.
Hello anbu,

this is not true. for any overseas experience (excluding aussie), your wife will get 5 points only after completion of 3 years of work experience. So, don't rely on any agents that mislead you.

Sathiya

1 - 8 of 8 Posts