Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
I decided to apply for the skill assessment at ACS, i graduated from faculty of engineering "Communication" - 5 years.
I worked during the college from the third year and i have total of 2 years experience for 3 jobs "Part time" more than 22 hour per week - Freelancer "Web Development, Windows phone & android apps & teaching technical courses"

then in the 5th year i worked for a company during my college "Full Time Job - more than 30 hour per week" - i will complete one year this month & i asked the HR manager for the skilled employment letter and he will make it by the end of this month.

so is this will satisfy the requirements for ACS and VISA number 189 or 190 !? or 489.

and another Qs about the freelancing jobs : how could i fill a form for those jobs ... i made 5 websites & one of them in Australia ... & provided 2 courses for "Graduation project in android & java" & "Web developing" then i made till now 2 apps for windows phone so it can be calculated as a freelancer mobile developer right !?

I will work on my English skills from the next month to get the min required points "7" during the next 3 months ..

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi samehsubscription,

first question: Did you graduate from an Australian university or from one overseas? If you are a recent graduate of an Australian university you can get your skills assessed without work experience (cf. "Recent Graduate" in Summary of Criteria) and you can apply for a Temporary Graduate (485) visa or - potentially - one of the skilled visas (189/190/489) if you pass the points test.

If you studied outside Australia you usually need at least 2 years of work experience post-bachelor-graduation to get positive assessment from ACS. But even if they accept your work experience parallel to your studies for assessment and give you positive assessment, claiming points for it would be very risky. DIAC only considers work experience at a "skilled" level (= bachelor or above), so work experience during your studies is normally not considered for points.

All the best,
Monika

1 - 2 of 2 Posts