Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am currently employed in Victoria with a 457 visa.
Can anybody explain to me what has to be the answer for the question when submitting for Skilled 190 visa nomination.
Q10 Total estimated amount of financial resources you have, including all of your assets (in A$)
When I referred how to apply link, i happened to see

Finances

Onshore applicants
Australian dollars (AUD) required -Working in nominated occupation
20 000

I gave 10000 AUD without knowing this and submitted the application yesterday. Now I am worried will they reject my application.

Can anybody help me out with this.

Thanks

·
Registered
23,897 Posts
Hi All,
Can anybody explain to me what has to be the answer for the question when submitting for Skilled 190 visa nomination.
Q10 Total estimated amount of financial resources you have, including all of your assets (in A$)

Finances

Onshore applicants
20 000

I gave 10000 AUD without knowing this and submitted the application yesterday. Now I am worried will they reject my application.

Thanks
Of course they may reject your visa on the grounds that you do not have sufficient funds to sustain your self in case you are nominated

The best course would be to send them an email immediately that there is a typing error in the application and that you would like to correct the same.

Ask for the process and in my opinion attach a proof that you have atleast 20,000 A$ in the bank and not 10,000 as you have mentioned in the application

Cheers

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi All,

Finances

Onshore applicants
20 000

Thanks

Is it for an individual or for a family?

mail VIC , stating that you have 10K AUD in cash and rest in assets back home in the form of lands, houses or whichever form you have and they are easily liquefiable to cash.

Less funding is not the sole criteria for rejection, this is one of requirements for some states.

Good luck

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi All,

Finances

Onshore applicants
20 000

Thanks

Lack of financial resources to sustain self could be a ground for rejection. If you are working in OZ then requirement is 20k, outside of OZ (30k - self & 35k - with partner).

At no point you have to show proof of funds. However, since is it is visa application, they may request for the same at any stage. Funds could be in any form cash, deposits, property, gold. etc)

It is advisable that you intimate them on the oversight on your part.

·
Registered
20 Posts
is this sorted Anjali or anyone else?

Hi All,

Finances

Onshore applicants
20 000

Thanks

Hi,

I did exactly same mistake. Submitted 457 streamlined visa nomination application with 15k. Didn't know that 20k is applicable for 457 stream.

@Anjali: What happened to your application result? Did you call or email them about this?

@all: Anyone faced similar issue?

Thanks,
Venu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts