Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have applied for skilled independent PR visa and I am expected to get it within 3-4 months. We are expecting a baby around December. Could you please let me know how can I add my baby after getting the PR.

·
Registered
550 Posts
naveenk_21 said:
I have applied for skilled independent PR visa and I am expected to get it within 3-4 months. We are expecting a baby around December. Could you please let me know how can I add my baby after getting the PR.
It is difficult to add the baby after getting PR. you will have to apply for a separate visa for her (don't remember category). Processing time for that is 10 months. If you take this route, you and spouse will have to land in australia without baby to activate PR and then make the application for baby either staying in Australia (without baby) or in India. Other options:

A. Tell CO That you are carrying. Depending on stage of pregnancy, he may hold on to processing until delivery in which case your baby too gets a PR along with you

B. deliver baby in Australia. Baby becomes automatic citizen.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hello,

I want to ask that what kind of documents will be required along with visa application for skilled independent (189) as stated by the following line on DIAC website...?

"Applicants who are required to meet the points test must provide evidence to
support their claims against each relevant criterion"

Now can any one tell that what kind of documents they require as it is reflected from the above statement...?

Looking forward for your kind response,

Regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.