Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone !

I planning to apply for the Skill & talent visa from INDIA. I have managerial experience in Automation testing of software . Is there some one who had similar profile and had gone through the Visa process ?

Will it be easier to get visa in this line of profession .

Thanks
magz

·
Administrator
51,337 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You may want to take a look at this summary of visa types in English http://www.immigration.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/immigrationprofessionnelle_etrangers_anglais.pdf

The key thing for the Skill and Talent visa is that you need to propose a project of some sort that is judged to benefit France and/or your country of origin. It's not necessarily your profession or line of work that determines whether you'll get the visa, but rather the project you propose and your ability to complete the project.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts

You may want to take a look at this summary of visa types in English
The key thing for the Skill and Talent visa is that you need to propose a project of some sort that is judged to benefit France and/or your country of origin. It's not necessarily your profession or line of work that determines whether you'll get the visa, but rather the project you propose and your ability to complete the project.
Cheers,
Bev
Did you successfully get the given visa?

·
Registered
8 Posts
can y ou give me any advice to prepare the project report, any sample , can you help me in this matter.

You may want to take a look at this summary of visa types in English http://www.immigration.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/immigrationprofessionnelle_etrangers_anglais.pdf

Cheers,
Bev

·
Administrator
51,337 Posts
The French government has not published any sort of guidelines nor have they made available any of the proposals or project plans that have resulted in a successful visa application. From what we have heard here on the forum, it's very possible that the guidelines are different depending on what country you are from. I have also heard some say that there are quotas by country for the competences et talents visas.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been digging and digging on the interwebs to try and find out who gets these cards. Below are a couple of good sites from the French government that give people some ideas. I have also heard of a man getting a CTetC card by riding his bike around France and stopping to paint the landscapes along the way, the sportbike woman, a graphic designer, an actress, software developer and others who post on this forum. Keep the ideas coming...very interested to see other examples if they are out there.

I cannot post URLs because I am new here, so Google this:

Testimonials: Two beneficiaries of the Skills and Talents Residence Permit share their experiences

and this:

First “Skills and Talents permit” delivered to a Singapore national

Also, I am curious about if recipients of this card can work for money in their field as if they were a French citizen. In other words, if one gets this card, one can work in France legally and for money? Does one get health insurance in the French system or does one have to obtain it separately? Proof of insurance is not part of the application process.

·
Administrator
51,337 Posts
Also, I am curious about if recipients of this card can work for money in their field as if they were a French citizen. In other words, if one gets this card, one can work in France legally and for money? Does one get health insurance in the French system or does one have to obtain it separately? Proof of insurance is not part of the application process.
It depends entirely on your project. If your project proposal includes you working for a company or setting up your own business entity (even an AE) so that you're contributing for the French social insurances, then yes, you can work and you'll be covered by the social insurances like any French resident.

If your project is of a more "freelance" nature - or somehow doesn't involve establishing a business entity - then you'll probably be expected to have your own health insurance coverage.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
9 Posts
Totally agree with Bev. I am in France on a Skills and Talents Visa. I am a freelance makeup artist. I had to provide my own health insurance before to be issued my visa to go to France. And I had to show I was financially secure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Skills and Talents visa question

Regarding Freelance Skills and Talents Permits, what are the parameters for determining you are financially secure? Also, how long did the permit take to process from the French Consulate in your city/country of origin? I stopped by this forum sometime ago inquiring about the process, but have waited to apply for this type of visa until now.

I'm planning to present one of these projects this summer as a curator/artist or likewise an artist visa. I have over 12 years experience, income outside of France, health insurance, and a partner of over 3 years who is a French national.

Any tips are appreciated>

Totally agree with Bev. I am in France on a Skills and Talents Visa. I am a freelance makeup artist. I had to provide my own health insurance before to be issued my visa to go to France. And I had to show I was financially secure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.