Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I might need to go for Skill Select, although I have got my +ve ACS with 8+ yrs.

Most or some of us might also might be in the same boat as I am, due to various reasons. Hence thought of starting this thread to help us understand and discuss various technicalities \ changes in PR processing due to new rules...

New skill select rules are out, here is the link to it :

Skillselect

Thanks,
Rekha

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi,

I might need to go for Skill Select, although I have got my +ve ACS with 8+ yrs.

Most or some of us might also might be in the same boat as I am, due to various reasons. Hence thought of starting this thread to help us understand and discuss various technicalities \ changes in PR processing due to new rules...

New skill select rules are out, here is the link to it :

Skillselect

Thanks,
Rekha
Great initiative Rekha !

My first question -
If you get some SS before 1st July (say in June end), is it still valid after 1st July process? Will you get the automatic invitation once you submit your EOI ? I hope so !

·
Registered
556 Posts
Great initiative Rekha !

My first question -
If you get some SS before 1st July (say in June end), is it still valid after 1st July process? Will you get the automatic invitation once you submit your EOI ? I hope so !
Hi Sherlock,
Vic have confirmed that you would get an invitation to apply if you send in an EOI with a SS approval in hand.

·
Registered
550 Posts
sherlock said:
Awesome. Good to know this. Do you have any link from their website that I can refer to ? I think I missed this somewhere.
Yes. It states so in the VIC SS approval letter. I have received it. But there is one catch. Nobody-not even DIAC or VIC - seem to know what will happen if you want to apply under 190 (the new visa category after july 1 for SS) after July 1 using the VIC SS but the occupation has been taken off sol 1 and sol 2. Will the VIC SS become useless? Of course, the chances of moving an occupation out of sol 1 and sol 2 in one shot may be less. But that may only be my hope.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. It states so in the VIC SS approval letter. I have received it. But there is one catch. Nobody-not even DIAC or VIC - seem to know what will happen if you want to apply under 190 (the new visa category after july 1 for SS) after July 1 using the VIC SS but the occupation has been taken off sol 1 and sol 2. Will the VIC SS become useless? Of course, the chances of moving an occupation out of sol 1 and sol 2 in one shot may be less. But that may only be my hope.

Thanks Sherlock\Coolsnake\Bangalg for joining the Skill Select boat ;)

ys, I too feel removing the occupation from both Sol 1 & 2, may not happen imm after the rules change (hope and praying :)), maybe bcuz ppl going for EOI in Jul with SS, will be early birds, hence there wouldnt be much changes in the cap system in jul particularly, maybe later based on the requirements of various states for that particular occupation will impact the number of visas granted in that category ... again its all an assumption :confused2:.

Rekha

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Bangalg,

Have applied for 176 ? or are you going alongwith 175 ?

Rekha

·
Registered
550 Posts
Rekha Raman said:
Bangalg,

Have applied for 176 ? or are you going alongwith 175 ?

Rekha
176 I am yet to apply. It is my fallback option. I am waiting for sol to be announced in early June. If ICT BA is delisted then I will immediately apply for 176 before July 1. If my occupation stays in the sol, I simply wait for my 175 to be processed. My gamble depends on when sol2012 will be announced. Hopefully it will be at least 2-3 weeks before July 1.

·
Registered
410 Posts
As per DIAC they are planning to have the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List available by June 2012.

first round of invitations wud start from August 2012.

Keep checking following link...

Migration Blog

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
176 I am yet to apply. It is my fallback option. I am waiting for sol to be announced in early June. If ICT BA is delisted then I will immediately apply for 176 before July 1. If my occupation stays in the sol, I simply wait for my 175 to be processed. My gamble depends on when sol2012 will be announced. Hopefully it will be at least 2-3 weeks before July 1.

Bangalg,

I am trying to understand, how does delisting of ur job code from SOL after Jun effect ur already applied 175 ? as when u applied it was there and u have rcvd an ack for your application rite... then it will be processed based on the 2011 Jun list.. isn't :confused2:

Rekha

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As per DIAC they are planning to have the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List available by June 2012.

Migration Blog

Thanks Louisam, blog is very informative.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Rekha Raman said:
Bangalg,

I am trying to understand, how does delisting of ur job code from SOL after Jun effect ur already applied 175 ? as when u applied it was there and u have rcvd an ack for your application rite... then it will be processed based on the 2011 Jun list.. isn't :confused2:

Rekha
The removal of the occupation from the sol will change the priority of processing my application from priority 4 to priority 5. The latter is a black hole. This relegation will happen even if CO has been allocated while the occupation is delisted. So one is not safe until the 175 visa is granted.
Ha... So you thought Aussie immigration rules were pretty simple? :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are the SOL change a lot from one year to another?
I have been assessed as Developer Programmer (261312) but now I wonder if I should have tried for Software Engineer (261313), which seems a step higher.

·
Registered
550 Posts
louisam said:

Migration Blog
I am looking for specific information reg when sol 2012 will be released. I went through the blog. Does not say anywhere that sol will be announced by June 2012 although that is most likely. Can you pl copy paste the specific comment made by diac, if any?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Miranda says:
May 21, 2012 at 8:19 am
Hi Dennis– thank you for your question.
SkillSelect will include both the SOL and Consolidated SOL.
I encourage you to visit the blog for updates on the release of the SOL and Consolidated SOL in June 2012, as we will add a blog post to coincide with the release on our website.

Miranda says:
May 18, 2012 at 8:40 am
Hi Kath – thank you for your question.
We propose to have the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List available in June 2012.
I encourage you to visit the blog for updates on the release of the SOL and Consolidated SOL, as we will add a blog post to coincide with the release on our website.

Busting the myths about SkillSelect | Migration Blog

This is in the comment section of this blog post. I found the comment section as informative as the post.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Miranda says:
I encourage you to visit the blog for updates on the release of the SOL and Consolidated SOL in June 2012, as we will add a blog post to coincide with the release on our website.

Miranda says:
We propose to have the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List available in June 2012.
I encourage you to visit the blog for updates on the release of the SOL and Consolidated SOL, as we will add a blog post to coincide with the release on our website.

This is in the comment section of this blog post. I found the comment section as informative as the post.

Thanks for all the info here.. What is Consolidated SOL ? do you mean SOL 1 and SOL 2 would be combined ? or two different SOL would be released the same way it use to be ?

·
Registered
550 Posts
louisam said:
Miranda says:

Miranda says:

It certainly helps. Thanks, louisam!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Also, DIAC has extended the validity of the IELTS Test Results for Australian General Skilled Migration (GSM) Applications to 3 years. Keeping in mind the time frame one might have to wait to get an invitation after EOI.

·
Registered
550 Posts
louisam said:
Also, DIAC has extended the validity of the IELTS Test Results for Australian General Skilled Migration (GSM) Applications to 3 years. Keeping in mind the time frame one might have to wait to get an invitation after EOI.
Will there be an SOL 1 and SOL 2 after July 1? I don't see DIAC differentiating between SOLs for 189 and 190. Currently for 175 your occupation must be under SOL 1 whereas for 176 occupation must be under SOL 1/2. But will there be only one SOL for both 189 and 190? Confused.

1 - 20 of 483 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.