Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI friends,

If i got 140 points for skill migrant category what kind of visa would they offer. Is it a permanent residence visa or is it temporary visa?

Thanks,
Amila

·
Super Moderator
4,946 Posts
If you secure / are approved a visa through the skilled migrant category it is a Resident visa. It is a permanent visa and will allow you to live study and work here permanently, BUT it will have conditions that will restrict travelling out of and in to NZ after a 2 year period. To lift these restrictions you should apply for Permanent Residency Visa after holding the Resident Visa for 2 years.

Reactions: Amilacool

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Is that means if i get the residence visa then i can travel in and out for 2 years and after that i must apply for permanent residence visa for do traveling?

Thanks,
Amila

·
Super Moderator
4,946 Posts
Hi,

Is that means if i get the residence visa then i can travel in and out for 2 years and after that i must apply for permanent residence visa for do traveling?

Thanks,
Amila
Yes. If you get a Resident Visa you can travel in and out of NZ for a period of 2 years (from date of first entry).
To travel after the 2 years you would have to apply for a Permanent Residency Visa but you can only do this if you meet the requirements and satisfy one of the five qualifying criteria.

Reactions: Amilacool

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EOI 130 points

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I have another problem. I have 130 points in My EOI and ME and my wife got IELTS overall 7.0. Could i be able to get invitation to apply residence visa?

Thanks,
Amila

·
Super Moderator
4,946 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I have another problem. I have 130 points in My EOI and ME and my wife got IELTS overall 7.0. Could i be able to get invitation to apply residence visa?

Thanks,
Amila
If your application has no job offer then No.
130 points and no job offer is insufficient for the EOI to be selected.

See historical selections here :- 2015 selections and NZ Residence Programme Factsheets - New Zealand Immigration Service

As you can see, without a job offer you must have at least 140 points to guarantee selection, or have a job offer and at least 100 points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts