Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I lodged my 175 visa application, I signed up for the skill matching database.
Today I got this email:

Dear xxxxxxx,

Your details have been included in the Skill Matching Database. The Skill Matching Database may assist you to secure employment before you migrate to Australia. The database displays your educational history and current occupation and duties that you provided to the Department in Form 1276, and allows employers to contact you about potential employment with their business. Your details will remain on the database for up to two years, or until you migrate to Australia.

Please find below your Skill Matching Application details;

Skill Matching Application ID: xxxxxxx

Added Date: 22/01/2010

The link below provides access to check your application details are correct;

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/skillmatch_xxxxxxxxx

If you require additional information on your application please contact the Skill Matching Database Help Desk via email at xxxxxx

Regards

Skill Matching Database Help Desk

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Has anyone had success with this?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
got the same email today. on 23rd jan
We all got similar e-mail today.... I am sure there may be some people on here who will advise better on the SMD and who may have had success with this service. Concept is appealing from ImmI, but we have yet to see how successful is it?

I have uploaded my CV there, lets see if I get contacted by Oz employers..If it works guys.. We migrants will have all our problems sorted out before we land there..
:D

Cheers hope for the best.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes it is.. not many benefit from the service but no harm trying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts