Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

I just got my skill assessment completed and I was happy that it happend so fast in 3-4 days instead of expected 12 weeks.
But I found that ard 2 years, 9 months have been deducted from my experience. And now I am falling short from 8 to 10 experience bracket by just 2 months.
Can you please help with what options I have now?
The worst case would be to pay 500 AUD again and go through skill assessment after 2 months so that I fall in better bucket.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hello Friends, I just got my skill assessment completed and I was happy that it happend so fast in 3-4 days instead of expected 12 weeks. But I found that ard 2 years, 9 months have been deducted from my experience. And now I am falling short from 8 to 10 experience bracket by just 2 months. Can you please help with what options I have now? The worst case would be to pay 500 AUD again and go through skill assessment after 2 months so that I fall in better bucket.
Wait for 2 months get into the bracket and apply for your EOI

<TIDocumentState: 0x177419e0; text = "Wait for 2 months get into the bracket and apply for your EOI|">

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1- It is transparent enough. The reason behind those extra 9 months could be that those months fall before June-2005, and ACS clearly states that they consider only the last 10 years for assessment. Either that or those 9 months were unpaid or not full time work or overlapped with your studies, etc. Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf details out the entire process. Fairly transparent I would say.

2- As Jaideep already said, you do not have to get assessed again if you are continuing in the same occupation. 2 months from now, you can very well claim experience worth 8 years. Make sure you provide enough evidence about this continued work experience in your visa application (bank statements, payslips, etc). You do not have to wait to file your EOI either. You might as well file it now and leave the to-date blank for your current occupation. This way, after 2 months, should you have not received the invite by then, the system will automatically award you the necessary points.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all of you for your replies. Its a relief to know that I wont have to do SA again and can file EOI straight away.
@KeeDa, So they consider only last 10 years and minimum of 2 years are deducted for suitability criteria. Doesn't it implies that no one can get more than 8 years of experience certified by ACS?
I started my employment on 10/2004 and ACS skill met date is June 2007. Since letter issued by my current employer was two months old, I fell short from 8 years :( .

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
The last 10 years rule applies for most of us. However, for RPL applications for instance, they would take away 6 years (or 8 years) from the past entire experience. There is someone on this forum with 17 years of IT experience wanting to go the RPL route. In his case, if 6 years are deducted, he still will be left with 11 years of assessed skilled experience. Nonetheless, who needs more than 8 anyways? 8 years gives you the maximum possible points. And to be honest, in the IT industry, with things changing so fast, it does not really make sense to count anything older than 8 years of experience as work done in your current nominated occupation.

With 5-8 years bracket (10 points), how much total points do you have? If you have enough (65+), then don't even bother about not being able to get 15 points. There are better chances to get an invite with 65+ points rather than to wait 2 more months. Yes, that 2 months old reference letter has caused you to get less points as of today.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It makes sense now. Though Its little unfair to us IT people. My friend who is Mechanical Engineer got his full experience counted from engineer australia.
Anyway, I got 6.5 in ielts writing so I really need 15 points in experience to make it to 60. Since my skill met date is June 2007, if will file my EOI with 'to date' blank on July 1st 2015 and it should give me 15 points. Am I correct?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Theoretically, yes. The system has it's own way of calculating this and I am not sure how it does- for instance, for one member here, the system updated the points after 4 days from what he had expected. So, expect a few days here and there, but it will update.

·
Registered
16 Posts
similar case

Hi,
I had my experience assessed on the EOI as more than 8 years, while my assessment letter says it is 6 years and 4 months because they did not include 2 years due to insufficient papers and recent experience I did not include. I had to apply for a re-assessment after completing the documents. The problem is that it has been a month now and still the assessment is not finished. I had to lodge my visa application and pay. Should I send the old assessment to avoid freezing my application before uploading this important document, or that might be considered as fraud and over-claiming of points? Please help!!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
One must be able to prove they had the points that they claimed at the time of invitation (ref. points-tested-migration-fact-sheet.pdf). Moreover, your EOI and the 17 online forms before paying for visa fees refer to your old assessment (identified by the unique number). I don't think you can upload any other assessment (with a different number and date) than the one you had given in your EOI and visa application.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Keeda, Its 1st July and I have submitted my EOI. Since skill met date by ACS mentioned "after June 2007' so I filled it from 1st July 2007 to today.
As you expected, they have given me only 55 points. Hope it gets updated soon. I had break of around 10 days when I changed jobs in last 10 years. Maybe their system is deducting that. Glad they don't ask for all sick leaves and vacations I had in last 10 years ;)

Theoretically, yes. The system has it's own way of calculating this and I am not sure how it does- for instance, for one member here, the system updated the points after 4 days from what he had expected. So, expect a few days here and there, but it will update.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts