Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new here & I request you guyz to help me out. I have few questions regarding skill assessment & possibility of saving my experience being deducted. Below are some details about myself:
  1. I have around 9 years of work experience as Telecom Engineer starting from June 2008. I was hired based on my Diploma of Associate Engineering in Electronics (completed in 2007 & is a 3 years program which is equivalent to 12 years of education).
  2. Till September 2012, my responsibilities included monitoring of BSS network with focus on power & infrastructure network elements.
  3. I started my bachelors degree in 2010 namely BS in Computer Science in continuation with my job as Telecom engineer.
  4. I completed my bachelors in 2015 & currently working as Telecom transmission engineer.

Based on my experience, I want to be assessed under either 263312 Telecommunications Network Engineer or 263311 Telecommunications Engineer. Can anyone help me which assessing authority to approach Engineers Australia or ACS?

If I approach ACS they will deduct all my work experience since they'll find it irrelevant with my education.

Secondly, I read in Migration Skills Assessment booklet that work experience gained prior to or during studies will not be considered. Will my work experience from 2008 to 2010 be considered?
Will my work experience from 2010 to 2015 be considered as DAE engineer?

"Be aware that only work experience gained
after completion of the qualification supporting
your nominated occupation will be recognised.
Work experience gained prior to or during your
studies will not be assessed as relevant."

Any help & guidance in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Your work experience gained prior obtaining Bachelor degree will not be considered - you can only claim experience gained after 2015

1 - 3 of 3 Posts