Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the first phase of migration process. I am looking forward to apply for the Skilled Independent Subclass 189 or Skilled nominated Subclass 190

I am yet to apply for Skill Assessment. Calculation of points is as below,

Overseas Work Experience : 6 Years -> 10 Points
Qualification : B.Tech in E.E.E (Bachelors of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering) -> 15
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total : 55

I Did not give IELTS yet. If I give IELTS and manage to get 7 in all then my total points would be 65

Below is information about my Job
I have been working as an ETL developer for past 6 years. (ETL Developer : Creating solution in a BI tool which helps in manupulating data as per the requirement. However there are other responsibilities as well)

My Graduation is in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and my work experience is in IT. So, I have to apply through RPL in Skill assessment.

Any one help me to know whether the above mentioned details are quite enough to apply for Skill Assessment?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

I am in the first phase of migration process. I am looking forward to apply for the Skilled Independent Subclass 189 or Skilled nominated Subclass 190

I am yet to apply for Skill Assessment. Calculation of points is as below,

Overseas Work Experience : 6 Years -> 10 Points
Qualification : B.Tech in E.E.E (Bachelors of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering) -> 15
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total : 55

I Did not give IELTS yet. If I give IELTS and manage to get 7 in all then my total points would be 65

Below is information about my Job
I have been working as an ETL developer for past 6 years. (ETL Developer : Creating solution in a BI tool which helps in manupulating data as per the requirement. However there are other responsibilities as well)

My Graduation is in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and my work experience is in IT. So, I have to apply through RPL in Skill assessment.

Any one help me to know whether the above mentioned details are quite enough to apply for Skill Assessment?
Hi Ravi, Which job (from SOL) r u looking to apply?

Is it is an IT job, you will loose 4 yrsfrom your experience as your degree is not equivalent to ICT major. You can calculate the points now and then make a decision

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ravi, Which job (from SOL) r u looking to apply?

Is it is an IT job, you will loose 4 yrsfrom your experience as your degree is not equivalent to ICT major. You can calculate the points now and then make a decision

Hi Sai,

Thank you for your inputs.

If I loose 4 years of experience. Then
Qualification : 15 points
------------------------
Total : 45 Points
------------------------

Assume that i complete my IELTS with 7 in all : 10 Points
-----------------------------
Total : 55 Points
------------------------------

What would be the case it I have certification from Microsoft. Will it change anything in my application and chances?

Thanks
Ravi

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi Sai,

Thank you for your inputs.

If I loose 4 years of experience. Then
Qualification : 15 points
------------------------
Total : 45 Points
------------------------

Assume that i complete my IELTS with 7 in all : 10 Points
-----------------------------
Total : 55 Points
------------------------------

What would be the case it I have certification from Microsoft. Will it change anything in my application and chances?
NO
Thanks
Ravi
You need to go for SS that will give u 5 points making ur total 60 and then u can apply for 190

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to go for SS that will give u 5 points making ur total 60 and then u can apply for 190
Either I must get State Sponsership or I must get 8 in all IELTS sections.
hi Kman, is it possible to apply for state sponsership before applying to ACS?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Either I must get State Sponsership or I must get 8 in all IELTS sections.
hi Kman, is it possible to apply for state sponsership before applying to ACS?
These are the steps

ACS
IELTS
SS
EOI
Visa

ielts can be done before or after applying for ACS. But if you apply for acs and the do your test it might save time.

Check with the states which has your occupation in their list and apply to that state. You can lodge EOI and SS on the same day also.

After EOI and SS apply for visa paying the fees.

what is your code?if your code is in CSOL you can only apply for 190 which is state sponsored.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are the steps

ACS
IELTS
SS
EOI
Visa

ielts can be done before or after applying for ACS. But if you apply for acs and the do your test it might save time.

Check with the states which has your occupation in their list and apply to that state. You can lodge EOI and SS on the same day also.

After EOI and SS apply for visa paying the fees.

what is your code?if your code is in CSOL you can only apply for 190 which is state sponsored.

Hi, Below are few among which I will consider anyone after checking my complete profile against to the description of the code. They all are there in CSOL.
Analyst Programmer - 261311 - ACS
Developer Programmer - 261312 - ACS
Software Engineer - 261313 - ACS
Computer Network and Systems Engineer - 263111 - ACS

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, Till today I was thinking that ACS will give positive if I have all the points met. But now I can apply through RPL where I will submit
1. my graduation certificates (B.Tech in E.E.E)
2. Experience certificates (6 years)
3. ACS Project Report
4. References (from managers)

And without getting any points fullfilment, I can still get positive from ACS!
Is there any case when this type of application will get negetive from ACS?

I want to overcome the scenarios where ACS gives negetive signal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts