Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am willing to apply for Subclass 190 visa under 263111 ANZSCO Code however I am having a total of 55 points only (2 years deducted in ACS assessment).

My Wife did her Engineering in Computer Science from India and have a total work experience of 1 year and 11 months. Her work experience:confused: matches with 261399 (Software and Applications Programmers nec).

Kindly suggest, shall I get her skill assessed via ACS..?
Can I get 5 points of her Skills...??

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
No you can't claim Partner Points!

You can get your Wife's skills assessed via ACS.

Your Occupation is on SOL - Computer Network and Systems Engineer | ANZSCO Code - 263111

Your Wife's Occupation is on CSOL - Software and Applications Programmers nec | ANZSCO Code - 261399

As your AND your Wife's Nominated Occupation's aren't on the same skilled occupation list you DON'T meet the following Criteria.

So you can't claim Partner Points:

Partner skills:

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

• were under 50 years of age
  • had at least competent English
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

I am willing to apply for Subclass 190 visa under 263111 ANZSCO Code however I am having a total of 55 points only (2 years deducted in ACS assessment).

My Wife did her Engineering in Computer Science from India and have a total work experience of 1 year and 11 months. Her work experience:confused: matches with 261399 (Software and Applications Programmers nec).

Kindly suggest, shall I get her skill assessed via ACS..?
Can I get 5 points of her Skills...??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jitendra,

Thanks for your input.

My wife did re-analysis regarding the Job Description, 261312 ( Which is also in SOL) also matches with her Work experience. Now my major concern is her experience which is less than 2 years ( 1 year and 11 months), as I understand ACS nowadays deduct initial 2 years of work experience. Will I be in a position to claim 5 points from her skill assessment.

Any inputs are highly appreciated..!!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You may want to try your luck.

If your Wife's degree is assessed as having an ICT Major, then she would require 2 years relevant work experience completed within the past 10 years to meet the suitability criteria.

I have seen ACS count Months and NOT exact days WHEN deciding the suitability criteria for Skills Assessment.

Example:
1 June 2012 to 15 May 2014 (actual experience) - They would say she completes 2 years of relevant work experience from Jun 2012 until May 2014.

Hi Jitendra,

Thanks for your input.

My wife did re-analysis regarding the Job Description, 261312 ( Which is also in SOL) also matches with her Work experience. Now my major concern is her experience which is less than 2 years ( 1 year and 11 months), as I understand ACS nowadays deduct initial 2 years of work experience. Will I be in a position to claim 5 points from her skill assessment.

Any inputs are highly appreciated..!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jitendra,

Yap I can try luck on that because if I count only months then it appears to be 2 Years.

Below would be her result of ACS if everything goes well, as she won't be having any relevant experience after Sept 2012 is it fine for me to claim 5 points in EOI based on below result.

Dear XXX,
Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on June 2015.
Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering from XXX University completed Aug 2009 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor
Degree with a major in computing.
The following employment after Sept 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 09/10 - 02/11 (6 Months)
Position: Software Engineer
Employer: XXXXX

Dates: 03/11 - 08/12 (1 Year 6 Months)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

I just remebered, DIBP would not go by ACS result for issuing points.

THEY actually go by dates. As we have to input exact dates in EOI and VISA Application (ImmiAccount).

Excerpt from ACS Letter:

While the ACS is authorised to assess ICT skills assessments, the final decision in awarding points remains with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

The following employment after Aug 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Thanks Jitendra,

Yap I can try luck on that because if I count only months then it appears to be 2 Years.

Below would be her result of ACS if everything goes well, as she won't be having any relevant experience after Sept 2012 is it fine for me to claim 5 points in EOI based on below result.

Dear XXX,
Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on June 2015.
Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering from XXX University completed Aug 2009 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor
Degree with a major in computing.
The following employment after Sept 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 09/10 - 02/11 (6 Months)

Dates: 03/11 - 08/12 (1 Year 6 Months)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts