Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi we live in department 16 and need a sit on lawn mower, our French isn't that great especially when talking in engineering terms. What we would like to know is, are there any lawn mower sales and repair shops that also deliver new or second hand sit on lawn mowers that anyone can recommend. Thanking you in advance for any info.

·
Administrator
49,850 Posts
What you probably need to find is a good sized garden supply or (better) farm supply shop.

I couldn't find anything in the Pages Jaunes for tondeuses (lawn mowers) but there are a couple of listings if you try "motorculteurs" for the Quoi and 16 for the Où. You may get better results if you can put in a large town near you. Generally the places that sell and repair motor cultivators also sell other garden equipment like riding lawn mowers. And the repair places often sell used ones.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
A sit on mower is called une tondeuse à gazon autoportée.

You should be able to find either new or second hand via internet.

Otherwise you could get a goat....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deja Vu

Ooo. Just had a touch of déjà-vu. I take it you didn't have any joy last summer.

Your grass must be 6 feet tall by now. :p

Try on here: (but I didn't go through the full request) :fingerscrossed:

10 Meilleurs Réparateurs Réparation De Tondeuse À Gazon Sur Aubeterre-Sur-Dronne, Charente
Many thanks for your reply, last year in a cruel twist of fate we got the tracteur running but sadly the terrain is very heavy going with lots of rough grasses and old tree stumps, we have had good value for money with this machine but I do fear the worst each time it lapses 😔 on us. We don't really know many places that sell New AND Second Hand machines so that is why I've put this post out again to try and get some feedback, I thank you with your reply and also your contribution.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks, the Internet in France would be a minefield for me as my wife and I are just coming to terms with this great country, so slowly, slowly. The GOAT is a tremendous idea, will consider, ��

·
Registered
526 Posts
Around here it is known as a tracteur tondeuse.

I bought a McCulloch from Mr Bricholage; its a fabulous workhorse and I wouldn't buy anything else, but the parts are difficult to find. The local motoculture don't stock them and refuse to order them as "People should not buy mowers from supermarkets" If you buy a new or used mower from them, they not only deliver it, but collect it for its service. There's a motoculture within a garden center that can get certain parts, but not all.

I usually end up ordering from the UK!

Good luck, Gypsycob x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts