Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read with much amusement that Elton, his ***** and their adopted kid will be arriving in Dubai...Elton is appearing at some gig on Thursday.

How can this happen in an Arab country where gayboys and gals are persecuted?

:confused2:

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
If you live in the UAE, you probably know by now that there are exceptions for every rule :)

Good stuff anyway, very talented man and the UAE needs more high quality gigs.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
I read with much amusement that Elton, his ***** and their adopted kid will be arriving in Dubai...Elton is appearing at some gig on Thursday.

How can this happen in an Arab country where gayboys and gals are persecuted?

Not sure if this is a wind up but you actually come across as a very ignorant person. If you're living in the UAE, then it's even more embarrassing for you to ask such a question.

Elton John is a great performer but if it's his sexual orientation that you're more interested in, then you might have a problem there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if this is a wind up but you actually come across as a very ignorant person. If you're living in the UAE, then it's even more embarrassing for you to ask such a question.

Elton John is a great performer but if it's his sexual orientation that you're more interested in, then you might have a problem there!
Not a wind up, a genuine comment relating to an observation.

Ignorant? Possibly not grammatically correct but ignorant...

Embarrassing? How on earth could you possibly construe that it is 'embarrassing for me to ask such a question'.

Elton's sexual orientation...do you mean that if I was interested regarding it, I would have a problem because I am in the UAE?

:cool:

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Nellie - is a bit odd that you joined the forum just to discuss this.

Either way I don't see this thread going anywhere so I am closing it. Sir Elton John is performing in the UAE whether people like it or not and whoever does not agree with his lifestyle can simply skip the concert :) We are not going to discuss the prosecution of homosexuals in the UAE here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.