Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has been living in HK for a long time (but still holding a Philippine passport), we met in the Philippines and got married in HK.

Now her Philippine passport is in her married name but all her HK documents such as HK ID (national ID) and Bank Accounts are in her single name. Later on we are going to request for a PCC in HK but of course it will be in her single name.

Do we still need to provide any evidence of name change aside from our Marriage Certificate?

Would they accept if the documents provided from one country is on her Married name while on another country using her Single name?

Thanks again in advance!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one with this kind of case?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I have a different case that is remotely similar to yours.

My wife is from another country which uses First Name, Last Name format (e.g.: John Smith), my country uses Full patronymic format, for instance my passport is First Name, Father's Name, Grandfather's Name, Last Name (e.g.: John Mark Jack Smith) ..... when my wife became a citizen of my country, the bare minimum is to have First, Father's, Last (John Mark Smith) ..... so she has two passports, one of them is Jane Smith and the other is Jane Mark Smith ......

I declared both in the application and form 80 and explained in the name difference question why the name difference exists and it went through like a breeze.

You can explain the same thing in her Form 80 and since a marriage certificate is anyways a mandatory document this should explain it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts