Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just secured an internal transfer from Singapore to Stamford, CT.
I have been doing a couple of research but have a few questions with regards to a transfer.

CT ID or Driving License : I will be on work visa but i read in the DMV website that to get either, you need to have a Legal presence of 6 years or more. Now my visa application states 3 years and will be renewed if I am still there. As such, it seems like i will not be able to get any form of identification.

I have an intention to purchase a car but without a proper ID, it seems like that is not possible. This coupled with bank accounts and a mobile phone line etc.

Are there any alternative or am i reading the requirements incorrectly?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi all,

I have just secured an internal transfer from Singapore to Stamford, CT.
I have been doing a couple of research but have a few questions with regards to a transfer.

CT ID or Driving License : I will be on work visa but i read in the DMV website that to get either, you need to have a Legal presence of 6 years or more. Now my visa application states 3 years and will be renewed if I am still there. As such, it seems like i will not be able to get any form of identification.

I have an intention to purchase a car but without a proper ID, it seems like that is not possible. This coupled with bank accounts and a mobile phone line etc.

Are there any alternative or am i reading the requirements incorrectly?
You're misreading. CT simply requires non-us citizen to prove legal immigration status which they verify and show proof that you truely are residing in CT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts