Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am planning to make a booking for my PR validation trip via Singapore airlines for the month of July,2012. I would like to know if anyone has traveled from India to Australia with them and offered extra baggage allowance (40kgs ??) for their first one way PR validation trip.

I know this has been discussed already in the forum for quite a lot number of times,but all of those discussion I found are dated around 2010/2011.

Starting this thread to check if anyone has any latest info on this regard or have any personal experience..

Also please share your experience on how you availed the offer from them ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello All,

I am planning to make a booking for my PR validation trip via Singapore airlines for the month of July,2012. I would like to know if anyone has traveled from India to Australia with them and offered extra baggage allowance (40kgs ??) for their first one way PR validation trip.

I know this has been discussed already in the forum for quite a lot number of times,but all of those discussion I found are dated around 2010/2011.

Starting this thread to check if anyone has any latest info on this regard or have any personal experience..

Also please share your experience on how you availed the offer from them ?

Thanks in advance.
I've booked my ticket with Singapore Airlines recently and emailed them regarding the extra baggage allowance on one way tickets from Delhi to Melbourne.
They reverted with a confirmation email stating that the baggage allowance has been increased to 40 kgs per passenger.
Simple process, no hassles.
Lemme know if this helps.

Cheers,
sharemyhead

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've booked my ticket with Singapore Airlines recently and emailed them regarding the extra baggage allowance on one way tickets from Delhi to Melbourne.
They reverted with a confirmation email stating that the baggage allowance has been increased to 40 kgs per passenger.
Simple process, no hassles.
Lemme know if this helps.

Cheers,
sharemyhead

Sounds Great !!!

Could you please provide few more details regarding where did you book your tickets from ..any online portal or local travel agents ? I am asking this just in case if I needed to book from any specific website....

Whom did you email (email address) for the baggage allowance increase ?

Did they reissue new ticket with the updated baggage allowance ?

Which category of ticket did you book ? Economy, Business ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds Great !!!

Could you please provide few more details regarding where did you book your tickets from ..any online portal or local travel agents ? I am asking this just in case if I needed to book from any specific website....

Booked it through the Singapore airlines website as travel agents were not giving me a better quote.
After booking ur ticket, forward the ticket confirmation email to their local contact email address, which u'll get from their website, and they'll reply to your email with the updated baggage allowance.
No they do not issue a new ticket, they update your existing one.
I've booked an economy class ticket.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sounds Great !!!

I booked my flight Mumbai-Sing-Adelaide on Singapore Air through an agent in Delhi. He gave me a quote 1000INR less than the website. He has given 40kg baggage (which appears on the ticket) and I also have got my seats selected! Seat selection is probably not possible from the website. Got a window seat on Mum-Sing route.

Reactions: anj1976

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
del-mel, one way, 40 kgs plus bassinet for my daughter a year back

·
Registered
95 Posts
I booked my flight Mumbai-Sing-Adelaide on Singapore Air through an agent in Delhi. He gave me a quote 1000INR less than the website. He has given 40kg baggage (which appears on the ticket) and I also have got my seats selected! Seat selection is probably not possible from the website. Got a window seat on Mum-Sing route.
Seat selection is possible on the website. I selected my seats for both routes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Booked it through the Singapore airlines website as travel agents were not giving me a better quote.
After booking ur ticket, forward the ticket confirmation email to their local contact email address, which u'll get from their website, and they'll reply to your email with the updated baggage allowance.
No they do not issue a new ticket, they update your existing one.
I've booked an economy class ticket.
They don't seem to have a local contact email address for Hyderabad..Do you think sending it to Bangalore/Chennai email address would work ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi ... I know singapore, thai and malaysian offer 40 kgs on one way tickets....if you want someone from hyderabad...there's an agent I know...pm me and will give you the number..

Reactions: ujwols

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I am planning to book a ticket from Ahmedabad to Adelaide and there's a 16 hour stop @ Changi Airport(Singapore). does the airlines offer any transit accomodation in such a scenario?
Also, I read on the website that the maximum allowable baggage is 32kg. The local office told me that 40kgs is offered on one way ticket. so can this 40kg weight be in one bag or do we have to split it into 2 different bags?

·
Registered
95 Posts
They don't seem to have a local contact email address for Hyderabad..Do you think sending it to Bangalore/Chennai email address would work ?
I don't think it'll be a problem. You can call the customer care to confirm the same.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am planning to book a ticket from Ahmedabad to Adelaide and there's a 16 hour stop @ Changi Airport(Singapore). does the airlines offer any transit accomodation in such a scenario?
Also, I read on the website that the maximum allowable baggage is 32kg. The local office told me that 40kgs is offered on one way ticket. so can this 40kg weight be in one bag or do we have to split it into 2 different bags?
The luggage allowance is definitely 40kgs for Singapore airlines..infact the same would be printed on your ticket....with regard to the flights...since there is no earlier flight out of normally the airlines should offer the hotel and transit visa (if the wait is more than 7hours) but now-a-days (as I know) they are doing this ONLY for Business Class travellers.. for Economy travel you would have to check with Singapore airlines ...the Ahmedabad phone is +91 79 30012828 and the airport number is +0091 79 22858116...All the best

Reactions: ujwols

·
Registered
157 Posts
The luggage allowance is definitely 40kgs for Singapore airlines..infact the same would be printed on your ticket....with regard to the flights...since there is no earlier flight out of normally the airlines should offer the hotel and transit visa (if the wait is more than 7hours) but now-a-days (as I know) they are doing this ONLY for Business Class travellers.. for Economy travel you would have to check with Singapore airlines ...the Ahmedabad phone is +91 79 30012828 and the airport number is +0091 79 22858116...All the best
with regard to the Luggage...you will have to put it in Two bags..as each bag should be exceed 23kgs...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
thanks anm...
called up the ahmedabad office and they said that transit accommodation at Changi airport is to be borne by the passenger...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Changi also has rooms in the airport... You could check on that... Works out a lot cheaper

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Changi airport has a lot to offer, you could take the city tour, a dip in the pool or get a massage. Lots to do!!
I have an 8 hr stop and am planning to take the city tour which would shave off a good 5 hrs of my stop.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Changi airport has a lot to offer, you could take the city tour, a dip in the pool or get a massage. Lots to do!!
I have an 8 hr stop and am planning to take the city tour which would shave off a good 5 hrs of my stop.
I am planning to do the same... The city tour is a two hour one the site says...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Silk Air ??

Guys , it seems that Hyderabad to Singapore flight is operated by Silk Air ..and Singapore to Sydney is only operated by Singapore airlines....Now my question is even if Singapore airlines grants me extra baggage allowance of 40kg ..will that be also applicable for the Silk air ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.