Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

My wife is currently having 457 visa and living in Sydney,Australia. I would like to join her in November and have applied for 457 dependent visa recently.

As per the current processing time of 457 dependent visa it takes around 4 to 9 months to process the application, so I was thinking to apply for visitor visa(600) to meet travel dates.

Could you please let me know if I can have two applications(457 dependent and 600 visitor) active at the same time also If I travel on visitor visa and later get 457 dependent while in Australia, will I be able to continue to stay there?

Any help will be much appreciated !!

Regards
Shobhit

·
Registered
23,877 Posts
Dear Friends,

My wife is currently having 457 visa and living in Sydney,Australia. I would like to join her in November and have applied for 457 dependent visa recently.

As per the current processing time of 457 dependent visa it takes around 4 to 9 months to process the application, so I was thinking to apply for visitor visa(600) to meet travel dates.

Could you please let me know if I can have two applications(457 dependent and 600 visitor) active at the same time also If I travel on visitor visa and later get 457 dependent while in Australia, will I be able to continue to stay there?

Any help will be much appreciated !!

Regards
Shobhit
The processing time of 4-9 months is for the primary applicant
In my opinion other then your health , character and relationship documents, nothing else has to verified, it should be much quicker

Have you completed the medicals and already applied ?

Now coming to your second part

You can have multiple applications for visa under processing at the same time, but the visa which is granted later will cancel the visa which is issued earlier
I am not sure if the visitor 600 visa will also cancel the 457 visa if it is issued later

There May be a problem if you enter on visitor visa and continue to stay under 457 as you need to satisfy the conditions of the 457 visa like valid health insurance etc. or any other condition imposed by the CO , which may not be possible if you are already in Australia on the day of grant

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply !!

I have already completed all documentation and medical.

I asked this question because there are people who are waiting since more than 3 months for 457 dependent visa.

·
Registered
23,877 Posts
Thanks for your reply !!

I have already completed all documentation and medical.

I asked this question because there are people who are waiting since more than 3 months for 457 dependent visa.
I am surprised that there would be any person waiting First of all, leave alone for 3 months

Logic says that apply for the dependant visa with the primary and get it out of the way even if there is negligible chance of the dependant using it
Moreover it is paid For by the company sponsorsing the visa

Anyways I am sure you and the others waiting must have circumstances I am not aware of

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Shobhit,

I too applied for the dependent visa for my wife and daughter in 18th August 2017 and yet waiting for it. Please do share if you get any information on the tourist visa and 457 dependent visas can co-exist.

Regards,
Dhana

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi shobhit / dhana,

I believe by this time you would have come to know an answer for this question. Can you please provide it so that it will be helpful to me and others as well. Right now I am also in similar situation.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts