Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

Soon after landing in Oz I would require a pre-paid mobile connection. Can you please suggest which would be the best choice (optus, 3 ... etc) and reasonable charges. I would not be using this for international calls mostly for local calls within Sydney/MEL. Also may require for data connection for an initial few days for internet connectivity.

Secondly, I have loved ones both in US and in India. I want to be able to easily reach out to them almost everyday for a first few weeks and vis-a-v. What are the options for me? Skype adaptar, VOIP (Vonage phones). OR Is it worth buying an iphone in OZ (maybe more expensive in OZ compared to US/Singapore) ?

I am hoping others would have been in a similar situation and have worked a wayout. :clap2:

Cheers, Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Let me try to share information from my end.

1: If you are going to live in CBD area then you can go ahead with any operator as most of them have strong network.

2: If you do not want to lock yourself in 1 year or 2 year contract then go for Amaysim or LiveConnect or TPG or Redbull or Woolworths . All of them do use services of Optus or Vodafone or other Biggi's network. Keep checking deals for more details.

3: If you want to make (multiple - short ) overseas calls (India), then I would suggest you to go ahead with Skype which will cost you around 25 Aud per month.

4: If you want to make long but less overseas calls (India) then Lyca mobile will be good option for you.

Above are just suggestions and might not be best for you at all. At the end of day, it will depend on your usage and you will be able to find best plan by yourself in 2-3 weeks after landing.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank @vr4indian

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have been researching this and have found the overall services of PennyTel(VOIP) to be quite good for calls to India.
This is advice based on purely research and that too from India.
Someone on the ground would be able to give you an informed advice.

Cheers,
sharemyhead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.