Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Are house will be ready in May so were really excited. Will only be holidaying for the next couple of years but hopefully will move full time. The house is nr. Vilar which is not to far from Torres vedras..... Does any one on the forum live near here? Any advice were to buy furniture? Places to visit/things to do? etc etc.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I don't, but nice area, some of the Forts make interesting visits, the Buddha Park near Bombarra l, Chocolate Festival at Obidos is a must, Ericeira great, going South Sintra, Cabo do Roca, and Lisbon

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
We are about 20 minutes away. There is so much to see in the area you will be kept busy. CANOEMAN´s thought of the CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL is good one however it is only on this month at weekends. BUDDA gardens is not very far from you and really worth a visit as is the medival town of OBIDOS. the SALT MINES near RIO MAIOR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Saw!

I know Torres Vedras and a bit from the surrounding area.
Concerning furniture I would recomend you to came to Lisbon and have a look in IKEA. As far as I know local stores are usually more expensive than big stores like Ikea.
Also in Torres Vedras if you don't want to spend much money in furniture have a look in "Moviflor" store - is an affordable store.

I would recomend you to make the west coast until Cascais and then until Lisbon, There are many nice places and views in - Ericeira, Guincho, Boca do Inferno, Sintra (very nice village) Belem, etc...

All the best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts