Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I read in NZ government website that Silver Fern job visa opens on April 27 of every year and it is very limited. How to get apply for the Visa or will the quota be available like 1 or 2 days?

If i am correct ,while we are applying just we need fill the application form and once it is accepted then only then we need to upload the documents.
Do we need to get sufficient time frame to get the documents ?

Thanks
Ram

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Hello all, I read in NZ government website that Silver Fern job visa opens on April 27 of every year and it is very limited. How to get apply for the Visa or will the quota be available like 1 or 2 days? If i am correct ,while we are applying just we need fill the application form and once it is accepted then only then we need to upload the documents. Do we need to get sufficient time frame to get the documents ? Thanks Ram
Yes correct SFV opens at the end of April each year and yes it is limited to a total of 300 each year.
The visa is ONLY available online when the SFV online portal opens via the Immigration NZ website.
An applicant must be registered on the Immigration NZ portal to apply for this visa.

The quota will not be open long - I'm talking minutes up to a couple of hours.
The SFV's are snapped up quickly. There are thousands of people every year waiting for this SFV visa application portal to open.
It often crashes due to the amount of people submitting the applications and payment details.
Many people spend hours online on the day it opens only to receive error messages, failed submissions and disappointment. Many applications each year are also rejected after initially being successful due to issues with the online portal and the SFV being oversubscribed.

A person can pre-register, complete the application form over time and keep saving it but you'll do yourself many favours by having the application completed in full before the online portal opens. All you need then is payment details ready.
You are correct. Documents only have to be submitted after an applicant is successful. You will have 3 months to provide all the required evidence.

Regards,

Reactions: akshadaks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks escapedtonz for your response.

But how to complete the application form before 27th of April. I have already registered in NZ immigration website.
i couldn't find the link to fill the application. Could you let me know form when onwards can i fill my application. When will i get notified about Visas for year 2014-2015?

Regards
Ram

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Thanks escapedtonz for your response. But how to complete the application form before 27th of April. I have already registered in NZ immigration website. i couldn't find the link to fill the application. Could you let me know form when onwards can i fill my application. When will i get notified about Visas for year 2014-2015? Regards Ram
You may have to wait a while yet before you can actually get into the system and start to complete the application. It may only open for preliminary viewing in Feb 2014 a few months before it opens.

Just like everyone else you'll have to keep checking back often as I'm sure Immigration do not notify potential applicants whenever anything changes or the portal becomes available.
You need to keep checking the website and maybe their news notifications.

Look at this years historic SFV threads in the forum going back to the beginning of 2013. These will show how other people fared this year and the issues etc they faced.
Use the search feature - maybe try 'sfv' and see what you get.

Reactions: akshadaks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I was trying to get the form to fill out for Silver Ferns. However I cant seem to find it anywhere on the site :( Could you please guide me as to where to find it?

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Hi,

I was trying to get the form to fill out for Silver Ferns. However I cant seem to find it anywhere on the site :( Could you please guide me as to where to find it?
It isn't available to pre-fill anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI, I visited the NZ Immigration website and it says that the Silver Fern Job Seach Visa application will open on Nov. 20. Is this new? I mean, from what I've read it usually opens on the month of April. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. And what else do I need to prepare for the application? I believe I don't have to prepare a Curriculum Vitae, right? How much is the payment for it by the way?

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
HI, I visited the NZ Immigration website and it says that the Silver Fern Job Seach Visa application will open on Nov. 20. Is this new? I mean, from what I've read it usually opens on the month of April. Thanks!
Nope not any more since last year.

The April 2014 opening of the portal was delayed due to website and process updates by immigration. It took them till November 2014 to get the changes through and then they opened the 2014 places 20th November 2014 and it is annually from then.

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Hi. And what else do I need to prepare for the application? I believe I don't have to prepare a Curriculum Vitae, right? How much is the payment for it by the way?
Easiest way to find out answers is to click on www.immigration.govt.nz - click through to Silver Fern Visa and read all the info. Costs can be found on the link to Office & Fees finder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts