Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

While filling Forms 80 and Form 1221, there is requirement of signature at the end of the document for both myself, and partner.

Since I don't wish to print and rescan all of it, can I just sign it using touchscreen laptop through Acrobat? Will that be acceptable? Someone told me that it usually corrupts the file and later causes problem while uploading the Forms. But I am keen on keeping it neat by uploading the digital copy, rather than printing and rescanning. Does it have any impact on the application?

Looking forward to suggestion/view.

Regards,
Atif

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think the signature should be original.
personally I just printed the page with signature, scanned it and recreated the document by splitting it and merging it back with pdfsam (free).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the signature should be original.
personally I just printed the page with signature, scanned it and recreated the document by splitting it and merging it back with pdfsam (free).

Many thanks. :)

Can you please also guide how to reduce the JPG scanned files and PDF without compromising the quality?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Many thanks. :)

Can you please also guide how to reduce the JPG scanned files and PDF without compromising the quality?
To reduce the size I used acrobat professional. There are 6 days trial. I just made sure to have all docs ready before to activate it

·
Registered
253 Posts
I used digital signature through Adobe Acrobat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone,

While filling Forms 80 and Form 1221, there is requirement of signature at the end of the document for both myself, and partner.

Since I don't wish to print and rescan all of it, can I just sign it using touchscreen laptop through Acrobat? Will that be acceptable? Someone told me that it usually corrupts the file and later causes problem while uploading the Forms. But I am keen on keeping it neat by uploading the digital copy, rather than printing and rescanning. Does it have any impact on the application?

Looking forward to suggestion/view.

Regards,
Atif
You can sign it digitally but the pdf will not upload and you'll get an error. To get around that you can print the file to pdf in adobe acrobat.

Also make sure you have a copy of the form before signing because once signed you can not make any changes to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts