Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone might be able to help me and not think I'm being a bit daft. I have received my copy of Compromis de Vente and have read through and translated in into English.
But am not quite sure what I need to do with regards to this part as I am buying through a Notaire rather than an agent.

The section reads

"If you think you can not be present at this appointment,
Enclosed a proxy to return dated and signed with your hand on the last page with
Handwritten note "Good for Power" above your signature, and
Your initials at the bottom of each of the other pages.
This power of attorney must be translated into English and the handwritten
Reproduced on page 3 should be copied twice, once in French and once in
English.
You must have your signature signed at the French Consulate which will certify
The proxy has been translated into English. For this you will complete
The power of attorney as stated above in front of the person who will receive you at the consulate"

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Administrator
53,162 Posts
OK, this part is just if you are not going to be present at the "close" of the contract. If you will be there in person to sign, you don't have to do anything.

If you aren't going to be available for the close, you need to sign copies of the power of attorney (i.e. so the notaire can transact for you) at the French Consulate (I guess they are assuming you'll be in the UK), where the consulate officials will validate your signature.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.