Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm a Nepali passport holder while my brother holds the passport of Republic of China(he went to Taiwan at age of 8).As I'm planning to apply Student Visa for Australia this year,he said he will help me to pay my fees.We thought I can show his bank balance and salary records,etc other documents.My brother who not only holds a different passport,he had also changed his name once he became an adult so our surname doesn't match as well. Now, I'm confused.

if anyone has any idea do please reply me.Thank you.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hello

I'm a Nepali passport holder while my brother holds the passport of Republic of China(he went to Taiwan at age of 8).As I'm planning to apply Student Visa for Australia this year,he said he will help me to pay my fees.We thought I can show his bank balance and salary records,etc other documents.My brother who not only holds a different passport,he had also changed his name once he became an adult so our surname doesn't match as well. Now, I'm confused.

if anyone has any idea do please reply me.Thank you.
Surname doesn't have to match. If you can show Birth Certificate of his and yours having same parents, that proves he is your sibling (I don't know if Nepalese or Taiwanese Birth Certificate contains siblings name, then its a different issue).

In any case, changing name is not a crime and he can add the affidavit of his name change to justify his new name. But I would probably leave it and just use Birth Certificate and a Letter from your brother on a Stamp Paper stating he will pay for your tuition fee (also get it affidavit/notarized). Unless DIBP requires other extensive means which I am not aware of , then I can't help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts