Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I just looked up reviews of ******...and wow...im scared to death to think about using anyone...what do yall suggest?

any suggestions let me know!!!
Sorry but I've knocked out the name you supplied -- our poor admin's pockets only stretch so far if they haul him into court!

I'd suggest that anyone who is thinking of using a company run it through Google first to find out what others are saying. It's common sense whether you're buying a car or looking for professional help for a visa.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but I've knocked out the name you supplied -- our poor admin's pockets only stretch so far if they haul him into court!

I'd suggest that anyone who is thinking of using a company run it through Google first to find out what others are saying. It's common sense whether you're buying a car or looking for professional help for a visa.
sorry fatbrit..i didnt even think about the name..oops
well i meant should i use any company? i mean with a straight forward and no dependants spousal visa

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
sorry fatbrit..i didnt even think about the name..oops
well i meant should i use any company? i mean with a straight forward and no dependants spousal visa
Depends how good at research and detail orientated you are.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Agents aren't rainmakers.

Don't think an agent will make everything happen.

In our case, in retrospect, we didn't need one. You are married for over a year - he is a UK citizen (natural born?) - he has every right to have his wife with him at home. We had only known each other 6 months prior to the wedding and visa application - that is why we were nervous it would be looked upon with questions.

How long in total have you been with your husband? I know from your posts you've been married a year.

We found our agent through a recommendation. We didn't ask, but had sent an email to the consul's office in the British embassy that would adjudicate our application, and her resopnse was that she "could not answer specific questions, please call woodbridge, or consider an agent." Then she recommended a name, which we went with. He was very nice and did the job. In fact he went over the top and really pushed us harder. It really has to be an airtight and well constructed CONSICE application.

But please remember, they don't make the decision.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't think an agent will make everything happen.

In our case, in retrospect, we didn't need one. You are married for over a year - he is a UK citizen (natural born?) - he has every right to have his wife with him at home. We had only known each other 6 months prior to the wedding and visa application - that is why we were nervous it would be looked upon with questions.

How long in total have you been with your husband? I know from your posts you've been married a year.

We found our agent through a recommendation. We didn't ask, but had sent an email to the consul's office in the British embassy that would adjudicate our application, and her resopnse was that she "could not answer specific questions, please call woodbridge, or consider an agent." Then she recommended a name, which we went with. He was very nice and did the job. In fact he went over the top and really pushed us harder. It really has to be an airtight and well constructed CONSICE application.

But please remember, they don't make the decision.
We have known each other for over 2 years now. We have lived with each other just at 2 years.
The only questions I have are...
1. alot of denials come over because forms have changed,requirements etc.? how are you supposed to know if your still doing the correct one?
2. He will be living with a flat mate, and if he cant find a home for us, he will show that we will be living with said flat mate, so ...I guess am a bit confused on what all should be provided regarding the flat because the guy lives above his grandfathers shop. All utilities go through the shop, but hubby would just pay a percentage.
3.Once he finds a job in the uk (we are sending him home asap)...how long is a good time untill i can go ahead and send in the application?2 months, 3months etc.
4. If he is with a flat mate, should we also include that his parents have offered house as well?
5.We were thinking that me sending money from usa to a joint account will show that I am srs about living there and that it will help ?

I think that is it for now....any help is appreciated thanks!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just contacted by agent

well i just spoke with an immigration agent.
they told me the following:
1. for $2296.00 they could assist me
2. I need atleast $5-7k in the bank when I Apply for visa
3. If i have said amount & hubby has a house for me (roomates ok, or parents) that him not having a job is not that big of a deal.or if he has a job that we dont really have to wait more than a month or so to apply
4. wait time shouldnt extend to 12 working weeks (3 months)
5. if i get someone elses case number that had paid cheaper that he could use that matched price....
6. 40% up front, and after filing %60 paid out.

What do yall think? Can i do this on my own???? Or is it worth the money for an agent? I am alittle OCD, so every word will be reread and analyzed to make sure its all there. Am just worried about the forms changing from the time i get them to the time i turn them in???

Any who! so now we are trying to get him home faster and sooner ...we feel much more confident now. So now just save up and send him. I think we will send him late nov or early december.

Any suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also he stated he wanted $5 to $7 k in savings...does it all have to be in pounds...and can my $4k us dollars and hubbys $2k pound add up to the required $6k?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Buy cheap, you buy twice. I would go with the firm that has offered to assist you. The consequences of missing just one document on an EC application is a big fat refusal stamp in your passport that you'll have to explain for the rest of your life.

Better safe than sorry

g

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is the SPOUSE visa, not the settlement. The spouse visa is 2 years with no recourse to public funds.

Please ask this 'immigration agent' - you aren't IMMIGRATING to the US! Ask him/her why so high!!!??? We paid $200 for the facilitation. And no where have I read that "BIG FAT NO" is immediately done, when all we've heard (and from the UK Consulate in LA) that if something is missing or has questions, they ask for the documents and of course can ask for a face to face interview. Give only what they ask, of course to begin with.

A few thoughts after going through the process, and discussing with my UK husband.
1. your husband is going to live with his friend. Fine. But you cannot be on 'husband's council tax' nor on utilities. He needs a residence in his name - he needs to show he has put you fully into residence in the UK.
2. You don't need a spouse visa to GET to the UK. You can go for 90 days and exit, and do all this until the timing is better for the visa. Its an idea.
3. Your husband is illegal. No bones about it. It seems to me, a separate issue, and he needs to get out with full faith, and remember, this will probably mean he cannot regain entry to USA and will have a very tiny chance of ever getting a spousal visa through you to the USA, let alone permanent residency to the USA in the future. But that shouldn't be a problem as you both are wanting to settle in the UK.

The UK Embassy can't use his illegal status (IMHO) as a reason to say no to a British Citizen wanting his wife with him in the UK.

Again, email the consulate in Houston and ask for a list of VISA AGENTS. These are facilitators, not lawyers and sounds like you got a person who hasn't really understood you are a US citizen married to a British citizen applying for a spousal visa. It is not the ILR and also it is not about his illegal status to the USG.

I've never paid anyone more than $200 for a visa facilitation, and the high one was for the spousal.

Of course you can do it by yourself. Loads of folks do it!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the SPOUSE visa, not the settlement. The spouse visa is 2 years with no recourse to public funds.

Please ask this 'immigration agent' - you aren't IMMIGRATING to the US! Ask him/her why so high!!!??? We paid $200 for the facilitation. And no where have I read that "BIG FAT NO" is immediately done, when all we've heard (and from the UK Consulate in LA) that if something is missing or has questions, they ask for the documents and of course can ask for a face to face interview. Give only what they ask, of course to begin with.

A few thoughts after going through the process, and discussing with my UK husband.
1. your husband is going to live with his friend. Fine. But you cannot be on 'husband's council tax' nor on utilities. He needs a residence in his name - he needs to show he has put you fully into residence in the UK.
2. You don't need a spouse visa to GET to the UK. You can go for 90 days and exit, and do all this until the timing is better for the visa. Its an idea.
3. Your husband is illegal. No bones about it. It seems to me, a separate issue, and he needs to get out with full faith, and remember, this will probably mean he cannot regain entry to USA and will have a very tiny chance of ever getting a spousal visa through you to the USA, let alone permanent residency to the USA in the future. But that shouldn't be a problem as you both are wanting to settle in the UK.

The UK Embassy can't use his illegal status (IMHO) as a reason to say no to a British Citizen wanting his wife with him in the UK.

Again, email the consulate in Houston and ask for a list of VISA AGENTS. These are facilitators, not lawyers and sounds like you got a person who hasn't really understood you are a US citizen married to a British citizen applying for a spousal visa. It is not the ILR and also it is not about his illegal status to the USG.

I've never paid anyone more than $200 for a visa facilitation, and the high one was for the spousal.

Of course you can do it by yourself. Loads of folks do it!!!
well i am very confident that i can get it done myself. Now I am focusing on i guess getting a courier to hand deliver it so it will go faster.yours was like 5 days right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.