Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Submitted our application Friday last week, then this morning I wake up in a panic remembering that I put in my stepmother's details in the marriage certificate(she's never legally adopted me but was married to my father and raised me from when I was a baby) but in my online application form I put in my deceased birth mother's name...so now there's a marriage certificate with my stepmother's name on it but a personal details form with my birth mother's name.

I've applied for two tourist visas and a tier 4 visa and used my birth mother for all three and wanted to be consistent. Ironic I know.But in my home country whenever I fill forms out for school for hospital I put in my stepmother's details without giving it a thought and the same happened for the marriage certificate.

Will they count this as false representation...???

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, just realized that I messed up on the personal details online form.
Wrote no for the question about being denied a visa, when I had been denied my student visa on the first try but got it when I reapplied a month later.
How big a deal is this, is it a for sure refusal for putting in no?

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Not declaring a denied visa can be construed as dishonesty and refusal is possible.
Probably doesn't matter about #1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.