Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Initially I have filed my 175 (01/03/12) and later realized the risk of flagged occupations and filed 176 (02/28/12) by paper aswell. And this 176 got granted (03/16/12) and I am on my way to OZ.

The question now is, should I let the 175 application take its course OR should I withdraw it?

Since I have already paid the fee it does not make any sense to withdraw it, unless it is illegal or something. What are the chances of getting this 175 granted, in which case I will be asked to leave OZ and reenter, if I understand it correctly.

I would take 175 over 176 any day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
Initially I have filed my 175 (01/03/12) and later realized the risk of flagged occupations and filed 176 (02/28/12) by paper aswell. And this 176 got granted (03/16/12) and I am on my way to OZ.

The question now is, should I let the 175 application take its course OR should I withdraw it?

Since I have already paid the fee it does not make any sense to withdraw it, unless it is illegal or something. What are the chances of getting this 175 granted, in which case I will be asked to leave OZ and reenter, if I understand it correctly.

I would take 175 over 176 any day.
You already paid for it, so might as well keep it. And since you paid the big bucks i doubt its considered "illegal" in anyway. So Worst case they will cancel the 175 visa, and you still have your 176 so no worries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
I think it's the opposite - the 176 will be cancelled and replaced by the 175.
Yeah i know, what i meant was worse case if they don't accept the 175, they'll cancel that application but it won't affect his 176 which he already got.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
at the time of final decision on ur 175 you must be outside australia...so i guess if you really want the 175 to reach any favorable conclusion you have to notify DIAC/ CO of your location so that u are given time to leave the country b4 the visa is issued
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
i am more confused now. PLEASE HELP!!!

On feb 7th 2012 i applied for 175 to DIAC. and after reading few posts for flagged occupation list SOL2012 i decided to apply for SS.
I applied for NSW on 13-03-2012 and got the sponsorship today(28-03-2012).

Please suggest me whether i should go ahead and apply 176 or stick on to 175 ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
i am more confused now. PLEASE HELP!!!

On feb 7th 2012 i applied for 175 to DIAC. and after reading few posts for flagged occupation list SOL2012 i decided to apply for SS.
I applied for NSW on 13-03-2012 and got the sponsorship today(28-03-2012).

Please suggest me whether i should go ahead and apply 176 or stick on to 175 ?
Are you ICT? Based on new findings, there is a lot of recent evidence that suggest ICT occupations will remain on sol2012, my personal opinion after tons of research there isn't much to worry about ICT wise if you are 175. But again, this is only based on evidence / speculation so far, nothing released by DIAC yet. In the end decision is up to you, if ur willing to fork the extra $$$ for 176 .

Read these: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-flagged-ict-occupations-no-more-concern.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-news-sol2012-ict-occupations.html#post747185

Plus DIAC is going really fast right now with 175 visa, they are already finishing up June to September applicants, Good chance you'll get your visa by June at current speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
i am more confused now. PLEASE HELP!!!

On feb 7th 2012 i applied for 175 to DIAC. and after reading few posts for flagged occupation list SOL2012 i decided to apply for SS.
I applied for NSW on 13-03-2012 and got the sponsorship today(28-03-2012).

Please suggest me whether i should go ahead and apply 176 or stick on to 175 ?
DIAC is in good pace now. Observer a few weeks more. You might be granted before July in optimistic view. If you see significant slow down in the next one month, then you may apply 176 expending extra money. Choice is up to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Thanks JBY & Clerk85.

As suggested will wait for one to two weeks to see the progress of DIAC.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top