Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are seriously considering a move down under. He is 41 and a builder and we have four children aged 1, 3, 6 and nearly 18. The eldest is not so keen but we are hoping to persuade him. How long does a visa usually take?, are builders still in demand?, are there plenty of oppertunities for teenagers? Which is better brisbane or Perth? if we applied after the eldest turned 18 would he still be a dependant on our application?We have funds of about £600,000 does that make a diffrence on the application?Sorry about all the questions but this is such a live changing moment we want to make sure we are doing the right thing.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Shirley:

Please read the sticky posts at the top of the forum first, it will answer many questions.

Builders seem to be in demand, but not necessarily out of state (each state has different levels of demand).

Your son who is 18 will need his/her own visa as he would be too old to be a dependent.

Teenagers work casual jobs mostly (i.e. shops, labour).

Brisbane and Perth are two very different cities, what is your definition of better?

Having funds does not make a difference in eligibility or priority unless you are applying for an investor visa.

It's probably best to have a few threads instead of asking everything all at once, people find it easier to answer 1 or 2 specific questions rather than 6-7 general ones (meaning you'll get more and better responses). But before you open new threads please search the forum AND read the sticky posts as your questions have been asked before and answered in older posts as well.

One of the first things in any post you need to answer is "Why are you considering moving to AU?"

My husband and I are seriously considering a move down under. He is 41 and a builder and we have four children aged 1, 3, 6 and nearly 18. The eldest is not so keen but we are hoping to persuade him. How long does a visa usually take?, are builders still in demand?, are there plenty of oppertunities for teenagers? Which is better brisbane or Perth? if we applied after the eldest turned 18 would he still be a dependant on our application?We have funds of about £600,000 does that make a diffrence on the application?Sorry about all the questions but this is such a live changing moment we want to make sure we are doing the right thing.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,

Talk to an agent, because he is still at home you might be able to put him as a dependent.
Regarding deciding City, grab your family and go for a family holiday there, you'll get a feel of both places and then you decide.

Good luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts