Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have 2 documents expiring on end of Aug, and it is quite ambiguous that whether I should be considering renewing medical and police check before the invitation as it is quite costly.

Here are my status.

233512, Mechanical engineer, EOI Submitted on 25/04/2017 with 70 Points;
(I know, it just filled occupational ceiling just on the following week!)

My medical expires on 26.08.2017 and police check expires on 20.09.2017.

As I have analysed last year data, direct grants usually takes place within 1 month on July's first invitational round.

I believe that I will be invited on first invitational round of this year and would like to know you guy's opinion on whether renewing my medical and police checks.

My first and most important priority is to get PR ASAP. so, it would be disaster for me to get PR delayed due to expiry of documents.

I assume I am 90% safe, if I get invited on 12th of July. Am I too naive? Please advise me!.

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi guys,

I have 2 documents expiring on end of Aug, and it is quite ambiguous that whether I should be considering renewing medical and police check before the invitation as it is quite costly.

Here are my status.

233512, Mechanical engineer, EOI Submitted on 25/04/2017 with 70 Points;
(I know, it just filled occupational ceiling just on the following week!)

My medical expires on 26.08.2017 and police check expires on 20.09.2017.

As I have analysed last year data, direct grants usually takes place within 1 month on July's first invitational round.

I believe that I will be invited on first invitational round of this year and would like to know you guy's opinion on whether renewing my medical and police checks.

My first and most important priority is to get PR ASAP. so, it would be disaster for me to get PR delayed due to expiry of documents.

I assume I am 90% safe, if I get invited on 12th of July. Am I too naive? Please advise me!.

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

Thanks,
John
You haven't even got invite yet and we don't know this years ceilings too. Plus a new NZ Stream could take 189 points Tested Visas places, as already maxm invite per month is now 2000/month down from 3000/month last year.

Then there is a huge visa backlog for the last 3 months and we don't know if it will clear or will get worse in future. Plus DIBP Staff cut happened and it may affect visa processing this year.

If you want to get PR asap, then get PCC and Medical again when you expect to get invite. As I see, you need to get new PCC and Medical as you don't want to take any risk and want PR asap. It will cost you money but faster PR which you want.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You haven't even got invite yet and we don't know this years ceilings too. Plus a new NZ Stream could take 189 points Tested Visas places, as already maxm invite per month is now 2000/month down from 3000/month last year.

Then there is a huge visa backlog for the last 3 months and we don't know if it will clear or will get worse in future. Plus DIBP Staff cut happened and it may affect visa processing this year.

If you want to get PR asap, then get PCC and Medical again when you expect to get invite. As I see, you need to get new PCC and Medical as you don't want to take any risk and want PR asap. It will cost you money but faster PR which you want.

okay, so I guess you mean current year situation is very different from last year. I should renew ASAP.. Thanks mate. This is the kind of information, I really needed, it seems my agent have no idea..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts