the requirement of pass mark (65). I have 7 in 3 modules except reading. To
improve this result, I am due to Ielts Retake on 30th June 2012 and 12 July
as well. I hope I would get the required bands this time as I have
registered for 2 dates precautionly.
I am planning to submit my case on 30th June without the Ielts result (7.0
in each module). I will attach the previous Ielts results sheet or the new
Ielts registration slip. According to my knowledge, in this scenario, I
will have 28 days to provide the Ielts result sheet having 7.0 in each
module to claim those 10 points for English Language proficiency.

Thus if i apply on 30th june then i will be expecting to get 2 results before 28 days
I send an inquiry to DIAC for english Langauge ability requirements
I recied the following information

WHEN TO SIT AN IELTS OR OET TEST

For any applications lodged on or after 1 July 2011, you must complete your English language test
before your visa application is lodged. If you have submitted an application after 1 July 2011 without
evidence of English test results, you have 28 days to provide this evidence to the department.

For the purpose of meeting both English language threshold requirements and for being awarded
English language points for proficient or superior English, you must achieve the required score in an
English language test undertaken within the two years immediately prior to applying for your visa.

You should book a date and time for sitting your IELTS or OET test well in advance of when you plan to
apply. This will ensure that your results are available to include with your application.

My Question is that should i apply this way?
has anyone tried?
what r the chances?

·
Registered
186 Posts
there is only one issue in applying this way is that u might gonna lose your A$3000 if u dont get the required score...so its a gamble...if u can afford this risk then go for it...otherwise i would suggest u NOT to apply before u have ur ielts result...

·
Registered
463 Posts
You need to have the required 65 points and hence IELTS score at the time of your application.

If you apply now without 65 points, your visa application will be refused and you will lose your time and money. There are lots of similar issues experienced by forum members here. Don't submit your application without the IELTS.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Question that you should be asking your self is , is $3000 AUD an amount you are willing to forego if (god forbid) the plan doesnt work out, hope for the best but plan for the worst. if you don't feel bad about losing the money then go for it!! my wishes are with you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have almost all the documents ready to apply for
175 visa except my Ielts result. Actually I need 7 in each module to meet

Thus if i apply on 30th june then i will be expecting to get 2 results before 28 days

For any applications lodged on or after 1 July 2011, you must complete your English language test
before your visa application is lodged. If you have submitted an application after 1 July 2011 without
evidence of English test results, you have 28 days to provide this evidence to the department.

For the purpose of meeting both English language threshold requirements and for being awarded
English language points for proficient or superior English, you must achieve the required score in an
English language test undertaken within the two years immediately prior to applying for your visa.

You should book a date and time for sitting your IELTS or OET test well in advance of when you plan to
apply. This will ensure that your results are available to include with your application.

has anyone tried?
what r the chances?
Word of advice, the cut off date looks to be the date your application reaches their office as a hardcopy , (advice is to stay safe and lodge your app inthe 2nd week of june itself so that your well within any deadline. and stay clear of any last minute changes)

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
There are 2 documents that need to pre-date your application lodgement date, one of which is the IELTS test result. You will unfortunately only be awarded points based on the IELTS test result that you upload with your application and if that means that you are short of points, then your application will be refused and you will lose your fee.

There has been a few cases of late of people having their visas refused on this technicality. Don't turn yourself into a statistic nor waste your money. It's better to apply under the new rules and have a chance of getting the visa than rushing and then having your application denied because you fail to meet the points requirements.

Also, read the requirements carefully - despite having 28 days to provide your test result, you still need to have taken the test BEFORE you lodged your application. This gamble only works if you've taken your test before you lodged your application and you are confident that you will get the score you need.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have almost all the documents ready to apply for
175 visa except my Ielts result. Actually I need 7 in each module to meet

has anyone tried?
what r the chances?
I don't think your plan will work out, based on many experiences here where people's application got rejected simply because the date of IELTS was after the date of visa application. However if you are willing to gamble, with the risk of wasting time & money, In the end decision is up to you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are 2 documents that need to pre-date your application lodgement date, one of which is the IELTS test result. You will unfortunately only be awarded points based on the IELTS test result that you upload with your application and if that means that you are short of points, then your application will be refused and you will lose your fee.

There has been a few cases of late of people having their visas refused on this technicality. Don't turn yourself into a statistic nor waste your money. It's better to apply under the new rules and have a chance of getting the visa than rushing and then having your application denied because you fail to meet the points requirements.

Also, read the requirements carefully - despite having 28 days to provide your test result, you still need to have taken the test BEFORE you lodged your application. This gamble only works if you've taken your test before you lodged your application and you are confident that you will get the score you need.
Thanks for ur valuable feedback... Got ur point. You r right i should not go for such a gamble. It's better to try with the SKillSelect :) . The only thing which we can is Hope For the Best....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Can you please let me know which email did you send the enquiry to. I have a similar query and wanted to email and ask them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since the latter is for UK and Ireland, can we use that email?
Which one did you use?
I used both u can send the multiple queries
also u can use this.
I did not tried that but this page was recommended by them as my query was too detailed
Pakistan - Contacts

You can take multiple opinions for the same query... i think

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.